Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 10-6-12
Fished Yuba from the Oasis State Park ramp. Launched at 7AM, water temp 63 air temp 39. Fished for pike primarily until 2PM, catching slowed around 11AM. Caught 9 pike and 2 carp, mostly near the dam. Biggest at 27" smallest at 18", most were 24" 4-5lbs. All fish were caught on perch pattern hard baits, the bigger the better. 8ft seemed to be the magic depth to fish around. Water temps anywhere from 60-65, the further south on the lake the cooler the temp.
Excellant report. Thanks for the update. I am just wondering they say they had two years of high water on the fayettee side. Which equals lots of perch lets. I wonder if they will ever get a head of all the pike in there so it will be good perch and walleye fishing. By the way did you happen to get a good look at the good lookin fells on the information board at the top of the boat ramp. Lol
[signature]
Nice report...very informative. Looks like you had some fun !!
[signature]
Now that's great catching right there!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I have been on a 4 or 5 week fish drought. We are hoping to get over to Yuba this next Sat.

My youngest has never caught pike before so I'm hoping to get him into a couple. I hope they are huge but small ones are better than nothing.
[signature]