Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow
We fished it around the dock, then moved over to the dam. I caught 1 2 lb largemouth and my bro caught a 1 lbers. We used crawfish in green. A ton of sunfish, couldn't get a bite so next time I'll bring doughballs for them.

We hit the far side weedy area and it was all shallow. The dam was the best place to fish. We spent the rest of the time catching crawfish. No fish pics.
[signature]
Interesting. I'll be heading down there next Tuesday to visit with the Iron County prosecutor -- dirty worm -- and plan on wasting at least one day on the lake. Were you throwing anything besides crayfish patterns? Did you try spinners, senkos, top water, etc?
[signature]
what color were the crawdads any pics?
[signature]
Green glitter tops with brown underneath. They were about 4" long. We really had to work for them. We could see about 7 10" inch bass hanging around the weeds but couldn't get anymore to bite. They ignored the worms too. We threw jigs and curly tails but to no avail. I think many of them had been caught before. Never really had great luck and Sand Hollow. I like Quail Creek better.
[signature]
If you can get a tube or boat and get away from the shore, you'd probably to better. Especially if you make it to the island.
[signature]
Nice report. Looks like it was still a good time. Sunfish on the fly would be entertaining but probably not like that 2lb bass
[signature]
The gills there have some great fight to them, even on a heavier fly rod. (I use an 8wt because that's all I have at the moment -- stupid carp broke my 5er, which was awesome) The big bass are absurdly fun on the fly. Sunrise near the rocks with poppers is just about the funnest thing ever. EVER.
[signature]
Sand Hollow pictures July 2012

1. Campground scenic reservoir background
[signature]
We all know you like your fish to go in circle mode on the fly rod XD
[signature]