Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ready for tomorrow?
Every one ready for tomorrow, I am this will be my first year hunting deer. I dont expect to get anything but I sure am excited..
[signature]
Yup! Ill be taking my kids tomorrow so not to much bush waking but ill be out.
[signature]
I'm just hoping not to be smashed in with a hundred other guys in my spot. Went to check it out yesterday and there is a truck and trailer just on the other side of the hill already. Wish they would have just left my unit 73 as 4 point only.
Good luck all.
[signature]
Shouldnt be to bad on 73 seems how its a controled hunt draw only, unless your in 73a im hunting 74 and there were atleast 20 road hunters to every other hunter.. I only scene one buck today and he was on private property and was big bodied spike.. Best of luck to every one..
[signature]
One in our party got a 2X2. I missed a nice 4X4 got home found out my scope got knocked back some[pirate] Oh well, we seen a total of 8 bucks today so looking good. Im holding out on a little bigger boy for this deer hunt competition bft is doing. Out again first thing in the AM....
[signature]
Nice. I will be out first thing also.. Trying another spot.. Looked more promising, guess we will see come tomorrow.
[signature]
Good luck!
[signature]
Went out yesterday in 39. I saw one doe and 3 mountain lions. I am getting a mountain lion tag after work and taking my daughter. We hope to shoot something.
[signature]
I've never seen a lion but I buy a tag every year just in case!
[signature]
Ya seriously! I've never seen one either. How did you see three in one day??

Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket to go along with your tag [Wink]
[signature]
3 in a day thats pretty cool. Ive scene quite a few lions but only one at a time.. There are quite a few of them over here in my neck of the woods.. There always trapping them and moving them away from behind the elementary school here in lava..
[signature]
Here is the update.

yesterday i went deer huntin on opening day. I saw 1 doe and 3 mountain lions. Today i went to walmart to get a tag. Today me and my daughter went deer hunting. I saw another mountain lion in the same place as yesterday. it was about 250 yards away and laying on a rock staring at me and my daughter. I pulled out the .06 and looked at it thru the scope. [url "http://www.facebook.com/al.wintermote"]Al[/url]l i had was a face shot. I could not do it and ruin the hide. I whistled, yelled, used an air horn, barked and made every noise i could to get it to stand up. I sent michelle up the mountain beside me to get it to move(she was safe) and it stayed there. I told her to come down and i was going to try something else. As she walked down to me the cougar was moving away. I took a really sharp quartering away shot and heard the bullet hit. As soon as the bullet hit it it screamed. really cool sound and i may have peed a little. I did not have my pistol so i called Al to bring a pistol and help me. We followed a blood trail till dark. No cougar yet. I will be back in the AM to hopefully recover. I bet it will cost a bunch to get a good mount. Hopefully pictures to follow. Wish me luck!
[signature]
fantastic!!!!! can't wait to see some pics!!!!!
[signature]
Good Luck . I hope you find him .
[signature]
Look in the tree tops. When shot they often tree them.selves..
[signature]
Upadte to the cougar...went out for 4 hours this morning and had no luck. I went to work for a couple of hours and went back with Al. He was a little scared so he had his pistol out the whole time. I brought Belle for my blood hound. I think she pushed it out of a thicket to a place i walked by twice this morning. Al was on his hands and knees with a pistol out looking for blood and saw it about 20 yards laying down. He called for me about 6 times and i heard him about time 5. It was still a live. He had me hiold my pistol on it as he went and held Belle back. I took at 15 yard shot to dispatch the cougar and I AM HAPPY.

the video is a short clip for the pack out.
[signature]
im glad you found it!!!!!!! thats a good looking cat!!!!! what are you going to do with it full body or rug it?
[signature]
I skinned it for a full body so we can do either. The wife and i are discussing it today. Then gonna find a taxidermist
[signature]
Nice kitty! I hope to get one someday! Don't forget to check it in at fish and game. Smile
[signature]
Checked it in with fish and game and they said it was 1 to 3 years old. We are doing a full body mount laying on a rock. Cant wait to get it back.
[signature]