Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Outlaw
Just heard about another new addition to the NFO boats. The Predator I already posted on. It is 6' long and weighs in at 9 lbs.
Using this same Heart Valve material, there will also be the new "Outlaw Revolution" It is like the Renegade. Eight feet long and weighing at 13 lbs.
Again, this is the weight of just the boat, Adding a seat and bags (that Come with the boats) will change that.
Very cool new rides in store.
[signature]
Is this then like the Predator to the Escape? An 8' long float tube without oars or footbar, but light, same nice bags, seat and more space behind the seat to work with?
[signature]
I am not 99% sure but I think this one does come with oars. I will try to get some pictures for everyone. There is also the Assault out of this material that is around 9 lbs, but it had no side bags or D rings so I need to find out about this one. All I know is there is a new "LIGHT" line of pontoons coming out and that is great news for my aching back.
[signature]
just rewatched the 2013 video

didnt see the revolution is it not on the video??

it would be nice if the light boats still had all the oar holders and capable of the new motor mount and all that jazz.
[signature]
The new ones do. The 6'er doesn't, it is like the H3. A light weigh float tube.
But the new 8 footer and the Assault Light do have seat, oars, bags. Imagine, an 8 foot pontoon under 20lbs loaded[crazy] This is so cool.
As far as motor, you can probably still get the strap on motor mounts like I use. I do want the new glue on motor mount for my Assault and the Assault XX, but I will stay with the strap on for the Renegade.

The Revolution is brand new, and not on the video.
[signature]
Hi, FG.

Thanks to the lightweight materials being now being re tasked for tubes and toons, it should be possible to make a fully loaded AND electric powered pontoon under 20#. The latest efficient lithium batteries, motors and carbon fiber structure plus Dave's pontoon material with a computer generated hull design should give about 3 hours at 4 mph according to my calculations/estimations.
Some amazing new things coming in the short future.

Pon

[quote flygoddess]The new ones do. The 6'er doesn't, it is like the H3. A light weigh float tube.
But the new 8 footer and the Assault Light do have seat, oars, bags. Imagine, an 8 foot pontoon under 20lbs loaded[crazy] This is so cool.
As far as motor, you can probably still get the strap on motor mounts like I use. I do want the new glue on motor mount for my Assault and the Assault XX, but I will stay with the strap on for the Renegade.

The Revolution is brand new, and not on the video.[/quote]
[signature]
You said it!
[signature]