Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protect the Harvest
To all my fellow Utah BFT'rs. A new non-profit organization has been started (www.protecttheharvest.com) to fight the Animal rights activist who would like nothing more than to see the end of fishing, hunting, farming and ranching. Recently I have been asked to be the Utah representative for Protect the Harvest. I hope you all can join me and let the folks at PTH know that the anglers in Utah are on board with this important cause. PS - Look for the PTH logo on Brandon Bernsteins Top Fuel Dragster and if you are at the races in Vegas or Pomona, stop by the trailer and say hi. I will be working the crowd to get the word out.

Not looking for donations, just trying to get the word out.
http://protecttheharvest.com/
https://www.facebook.com/ProtectTheHarve...ts&fref=ts

Eric Whitley
[signature]
+1000000
[signature]
Sounds like a worth while organization, thanks for taking up the cause.
I understand Animal rights activist not liking
fishing and hunting, maybe ranching but farming[:/]. Don't they eat food[:/] that farms grow?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2] but farming[:/]. Don't they eat food[:/] that farms grow?[/quote]

Ban Brussel sprouts and Broccoli hehehee
[signature]
Yeah sounds kinda backward don't it. The thought is if they can shut down the farmers that produce the food for the Animals, then they can hit the pig, cattle and chicken industries. Don't be fooled by the Wacko goofball label we give them, they are professionals and they are serious about their cause.
[signature]
id be very happy to get the word out. No more fishing and hunting, give me a freekin break. thanks whit210
[signature]
I'm a little suspicous of groups like Protect the Harvest. I worry that their primary function is to protect big agriculture from any regulation, and that they are using fear of radical animal rights groups as a tactic to broaden their base. Who is putting up the money to fund a racing sponsorship?

Based upon their website, their biggest concern is recent regulations imposed on chicken farms and pig farms. Reasonable people have some legitimate animal welfare and waste disposal concerns with industrial agriculture operations like large pig and chicken farms. It's not just animal rights activists that are concerned. Animal waste from these facilities is a public health issue and improper waste disposal could threaten our fisheries if these facilities aren't adequately regulated. Our recent experience in Utah with the Farm Bureau opposing fishing access on rivers should demonstrate that big agriculture doesn't always share our interests.
[signature]
Your website reads like a political debate. You make unfounded, overarching comments to try and scare people into supporting your cause. Your credibility is pretty much gone when your opening sentence states that the Humane Society of the US is out to "ban pet ownership altogether". Might want to read their mission statement "We celebrate pets".

I am sure that there are great things that you are doing. But I hope everyone reads your website with caution as I am sure you have no shortage of half truths on there.
[signature]
Ktrout and Seldom,

Thanks for checking out our website. I will have to disagree with your assessment of the content, but that is what debate is all about. The organization was founded by Forrest Lucus - Owner of Lucas Oil and also owner of Morgan Lucas Racing which fields the Protect the Harvest dragster. PTH does is not seek donations and is all funded by private money.

Here are a few quotes from Wayne Pacelle - President of the Humane Society of The US.

“If we could shut down all sport hunting in a moment, we would.

“Our goal is to get sport hunting in the same category as cock fighting and dog fighting.”

“We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different breeds of livestock produced through selective breeding ...One generation and out. We have no problems with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective breeding.”

“We would be foolish and silly not to unite with people in the public health sector, the environmental community, [and] unions, to try to challenge corporate agriculture.”

“We are going to use the ballot box and the democratic process to stop all hunting in the United States ... We will take it species by species until all hunting is stopped in California. Then we will take it state by state.”

Doesn't sound like half truths to me, unless he is lying about their intentions
[signature]
Yes half truths and all I can read from your statement is political rhetoric.
[signature]