Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FG Burbot
Hired Fishley for the 2nd time this year, this time chasing burbot. That guy is a stud, and can't say enough good about fishing with him. On his boat, we landed 39 burbot, 1 mac pup and a chunky 20 in bow. The water temperature had dropped 6 degrees that week, so no bass fishing during the day as water temps were at 53. . Day fishing was slow with my long rod, only landing one laker pup on a streamer. It was a fantastic trip, and can't wait to get back up there again. The burbot was a new species for me and my brother, which always makes it more fun.

My brother with his first burbot. This would be about the average size, but we ended up with a few around 30 inches. He caught 5 before I caught my first, and I was getting pretty pissed.
[Image: photo.jpg]

Here are some videos, you may need to click on them to be redirected to photobucket to view them.

Video with my first burbot
[Image: th_IMG_0263.jpg]

Video of my bro and our final haul.
[Image: th_IMG_0265.jpg]
[signature]
Both photobucket links didn't work for me. Nice Fish!
[signature]
Nice, sounds like you guys got a good haul of bots. Your pics on photobucket do not work though, it just takes you to the main page. If you can't get them to work you can just post them on BFT.
[signature]
http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136...G_0263.mp4

http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136...G_0265.mp4

Instead of doing the IMG, I just put the links. Let's see if this works better.
[signature]
I'll second that about Fishley, went out last November with him and he put us on the ling in no time at all. We ended the night with 71 burbot so if you really want a good lesson on catching burbot I highly recommend looking him up. Nice job on your FG trip Duckbutter.
[signature]
Last night we had burbot two ways. First: Boiled in 7up/salt water mixture. Drained, then fried in garlic butter. VERY MUCH LIKE LOBSTER. It was amazing! Second: Seasoned, battered and fried like traditional cod. I love this fish!
[signature]
Who is "Fishley" and how do you contact him for fishing charter?
[signature]
Ash Bonser his name 307-389-8160 great man and knows the Gorge like no other
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I dont get out that way enough to figure out such a diverse resevoir. Never caught any burbot, are they fun to catch?
[signature]
I've only fish for them a few times threw the ice once with Ashley I have a trip with him pretty soon after hunting is done All fishing fun to me can't wait to go with Ash because you will get alot of fish
[signature]