Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOV. FISHING STORIES CONTEST
[size 1]PRIZE FOR BEST STORY A BFT FLEX HAT
RULES [/size]

[size 1]1-must be a fishing story[/size]

[size 1]2-clean and in good taste
3-posted on this thread (if its not on this thread it is NOT entered)
4-winner will be chosen by myself and a random pick of another moderator from BFT.
5-post will only qualify if posted from the 1st to the last day of the month
6-MUST BE REGISTERED USER
7-moderators can submit, but wont be chosen to be a judge.
8-can't win 2 contest in a row
PLEASE LIMIT THIS THREAD TO THE STORIES ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO COMMENT ABOUT A STORIES ON THIS THREAD I'LL START ANOTHER THREAD JUST FOR THAT. THIS WILL MAKE IT EASYIER TO GO THRU THE STORIES AT THE END OF THE MONTH TO CHOSE THE WINNER THANKS CHRIS [/size]
[signature]
[font "Eras Bold ITC"][size 5]After testing the ice thickness, and deeming it to be 5-6”, my eight-year-old son and I set up our shelter about thirty yards from the mouth of a river. After an hour with some success, I decided to get a breath of fresh air. Before I left I told Eric that if he really wanted to see the underwater world, he should lay down by the hole, cup his hands around his eyes and amazing sights would almost magically appear.[/size][/font]

I was outside no more than two minutes when I heard shouting and suddenly saw my canvas shelter, now with a new door being formed, go tumbling down the ice with a tiny form rolling and bellowing inside. The cause of this disruption, a river otter, inquisitive as to who was watching him, came to investigate much to the horror of my young son’s eyes.

Rick Fowler
[signature]
thanks for the story reminds me of my first ice fishing trip we were fishing in 20 feet of water and because we were in a ice hut it was blocking the sun and you could clearly see bottom the fish were only 7 feet down so i spent all day looking down the hole and watching the fish swim up and bite my bait set the hook and reel them in
[signature]
[size 1]I remember once when I was a kid I was fishing with my papy here in Utah and I got a nice trout. as I was sitting there admiring my TROPHY (12-13 in) I saw these little things coming in from the depths to steal my fish. I started just crying my eyes out. My dad runs over, thinking I am hurt, Whats wrong son? Those stupid little things with claws (crawdaddy)[Wink] are trying to kill and eat my fish. I just remember my dad laugh his butt of but it was also a great time for him to kinda teach me the whole "circle of life" thing. so it was a great trip.

As for recent times I was down on Utah lake with my boy and he is watching his bobber. (we was fishing for bluegills from shore with ice fishing poles) So anyways his bobber goes under and his pole comes right out of his hand.( not that he had a great grip on it or anything)[angelic] I hurry and crab it for him and and give it back. his real is screaming and he gets it realed in to find a nice 17" white bass on the end of his little jig. "WOW DAD THIS IS A MONSTER" was his esact words. and it was at that very moment I knew that weather he goes with me everytime or just a couple My greand kids will learn to fish for MONSTERS one day with there dad just cause he got that one fish. [/size]
[signature]
man thats a big white bass you do have to watch out for those dads my son caught a trout at schofield last year put it on a stringer in the water and spent the rest of the day with his feet in the water chasing the dads away from his fish
[signature]
Sorry I just noticed i typed that wrong not 17 but 15 inch white bass. Sorry for the typo. But yea he was a big one in just over 3 pounds. My son loved it.
[signature]
congrats to callie fir winning this months contest
[signature]
[sly]
[signature]