Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle fishing
Went to the nelle today with my son and had a great morning. It was a warm morning and the fish were biting. We caught most of are fish on the surface on flat fish and rapalas in the rock cliff area. Unfortunately no big browns
[signature]
Fished the lake top to bottom from 9am to 2pm today. Caught 1 15" smallie and 3 bows from 9-18". All fish caught on perch rapalas. Water temps 50-52. We found some perch schools but couldn't entice a bite, seemed the full moon got us. But the weather was beautiful for nearly November.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. Wonder how shore fishing is there.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Just like the weather this time of year, shore fishing at Jordanelle can be hot or cold. The trout are active in the top layers of the water but they move around the lake...looking for food. If you find an area they are congregating you can have fast action on spinners, bubble and fly, crankbaits or bait...worms or "bottle baits" [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The two better areas for shore casting are to the west of the Rock Cliffs ramp...off the old road...and to the west of the PWC ramp at Hailstone. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I fish these areas from a float tube during November and usually see the bank tanglers bringing in a few fish...sometimes quite a few. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
I think you should change your term 'bank tanglers' to 'banklers'.
By saving you time of typing the one extra word maybe we will get even more of your excellent fishing report.
By the way, thanks to your report/pictures of the Jordanelle perch I am considering skipping opening day of pheasant season this saturday and dragging the boat to the Nelle in search of a spiny dinner.
I haven't missed opening day of phez season for over 20 years.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Shane, just what I need. More critics and more editors. But from you...I'll consider it. That's like getting a "maybe" from your wife.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I started using the term bank tanglers as a modification of the handle we used to give the gals who fished on the party boats out of SoCal...lady tanglers. Seemed appropriate considering that it took about two deck hands to undo the problems created by one distaff anglerette.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I know you know Jordy well but if you want me to provide an "X" map with the prime area you can send me a PM. MAYBE I will send one and maybe I won't.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hard to say what the weather patterns of the past week have done to change things but as you likely know, the fish stay in that general area from late fall through winter...feeding on the baby perch that hole up in the brush. Hope Friday's weather defugalties don't mess it up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I haven't chased pheasants for a lotta years. I got spoiled as a kid in Idaho...being able to walk the ditchbanks on my uncle's farm and have a limit before reaching the end of the first stroll.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Got ruined while living in California and being part of a "blast mob" that extended clear across large fields and that gunned down mice, tweety birds and anything else that moved ahead of them. Not my idea of enjoys.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Haven't even owned a shotgun for a couple of decades. Kinda miss that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck...whichever way the wind blows...cast or blast.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Gulp minnows in smelt under a bubble or drop shotted. Fish points and the backs of cuts.

[signature]
I am trying to get a picture scanned from Jordanelle that I think you will really like, give me a few more days. Sometimes the computer and I don't get along so well.
[signature]