Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ice!
There haven't been any ice fishing reports yet, so I believe I might be the first one on the ice this year. I actually ice fished in 2 different spots already. Unfortunately, I didn't catch any fish. Some bait might have helped, but I'm not sure if there were any fish in these waters.

Either way, I'M FIRST! [:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]
[signature]
Bouy oh bouy oh bouy !
Thanks for the share.

This is the first ice I have heard of. thanks for the share. Just finised my new Green ice sled yesterday, I am ready to go, come on ice. [:p]
Sorry beat you to the punch. I went out Oct. 28th. I walked on it the 27th. And I even caught a fish!

Here is the link to the thread.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=778219;#778219"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...?post=778219;#778219[/url]
[signature]
You may have beaten me on catching fish, but you didn't beat me on the ice. The first picture was taken on October 25th.
[signature]
I am guessing you were ice fishing in Idaho? That would make you 1st in ID and TDT first in UT? Rather fishy that you did not post about it until 8 days after you went. The 1st shot makes me wonder if you were actually out on the ice.....and the 2nd shot would be the smoking gun had you actually been stepping out on the ice. I guess I could sit in a boat and still "ice fish".

Now don't make being the 1st on the ice a compition.........or else someone is gonna go through![Wink]
[signature]
Standing on a log doesn't count as ice fishing. [unimpressed]
[signature]
The reason I didn't post right away is that I took those pictures on the day we packed in for a week long hunt. Packed in on Thursday, came out the following Wednesday. Then had to travel home and get things put away etc. before I had computer time. You call it what you want. The only reason I was standing on the log was to be certain I didn't go through. That beaver pond was only 7200 ft. The lake was 9200 + but it wasn't safe to walk on due to size and depth, I guess. I did fish a shallower lake at 9100 ft, but didn't get any fish there either.

I agree that we don't want anyone to go through the ice (especially if that someone is me), so amazingly, we seem to agree on something.

As for going through the ice, I've done that a couple of times, but so far, it'a always been on purpose.
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTjqE__c6Ko"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTjqE__c6Ko[/url]
[signature]
So what I am gathering here is you didn't actually walk on the ice, stand on the ice, drill through the ice, catch a fish on the ice, and walk back off the ice.

To be perfectly honest I have not gone through the ice.......yet! Someday I will though and luckily we bought that 350lb test rope.
[signature]
Negatory on your last statement. The only thing I didn't do was catch a fish. Did all the other stuff. Believe it or not........

I never knew it would be such a sensitive subject......[Smile]
[signature]
I never knew it would be such a sensitive subject......[Smile]
Keep your gunpowder dry and your hooks in the water.

Seriously? On this site? It is all about first, most, biggest, best. That is just the way it is.
[signature]
No! ME, ME, ME, ME.......Heeee heeee. It's all in fun anyway. At least there hasn't been any name calling........... yet.......[Smile]

I'm trying to figure out a way to make up for the fact that I didn't catch anything, but I just can't get back out there yet. Perhaps next weekend, if the snow isn't too deep.
[signature]
P. S. I need to get a few more folks worked up and get this thing really going if I want to win the GC for the month of November.......[Smile] Perhaps some name calling is in order! Do locked threads qualify for the monthly GC?
[signature]
I did forget the smilie after my comment. I meant no disrespect to either of you guys. I think you both are crazy equally, does that count[laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
OK my "friend" (name calling) I'll help you with Nov. but well your still a good friend and please stay above the ice or stay in the shallows.

Why is it you had an auger but no bait?
[signature]
I have edited my post from this morning as will driving to work I realised it could be taken totallly out of the context I had meant it. Please accept my appology to everyone who might have read that post & hookhunter if you read it I really thought I was being funny.
[signature]
I never saw it, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have offended me. Maybe you better PM me what the original post was. I need a good laugh.

I actually had no bait because I wasn't expecting the lakes to be frozen, so I was going to throw flies and lures. I used my hunting knife to punch a hole, then my saw to make it bigger.
[signature]
Dont knock Ice fishing from a boat till you've tried it.[:p]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1555]
[signature]
Just had another discussion with my wife. Looks like I'm getting the new power auger tomorrow! Can't wait to give it a whirl.

Getting the SM Lazer Mag, 10 inch.
[signature]
Awesome!! Great talikng with you today.
[signature]
Hit a small lake in the high country today that isn't too far from home. Between 2 of us we caught about 50 small rainbows (planters) and a small brook trout in about 2 hours. It was hot action and pretty fun. And to top it all off, I came home to the new auger. I assembled the auger, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to fire it up. Also need to figure out how I'm going to haul it. I know, it's a good problem to have.......
[signature]