Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Ct lakes
Seems that the state has stocked smaller trout this fall, than they did in the spring.Alot of 9"-10" rainbows. Haven't caught any browns yet this fall.Gold spoons and spinners with red in them seem to be the trick on top, at 2mph.Hows everybody else making out?
[signature]
I live in michigan.

that sounds great, what do you think the servivial rate will be? through the winter that is.

did they mention howmany trout they planted?
[signature]
Survival rate is usually good over winter here.The state reportedly stocked 45,000 trout for the fall season. Michigan? Thats why you thought I had a Pike on that broke my leader.Very few pike in the state.Maybe two lakes have them in this state.I've only caught them threw the ice in coves off the CT River.They are alot of fun.
[signature]
ya gott love them pike, not much fun to eat with all them Y bones,

even got me a battle scar from one of them toothy things. I was doing some pan fishing through the ice, brought up a nice crappie to the top of the hole only to have it slip off the hook, well my reflexes got the better of me being a young man at the time, I thrusted my hand down the icy cold water on one friged new years day, and to my surprize a pike latched on to my thumb, playing the part of o'l Jack Horner who sat in the corner with his christmas pie, I pulled out a pike attached to my thumb, [center]What a good angler am I.lol.[sly][/center]
[signature]