Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooknhunter - Contest Fish
Hooknhunter, please post your fish in this thread.

Good Luck!
[signature]
Here are fish numbers 1 and 2. These were caught on Martin Lake, Nov 16, 2012. Bait was a jig head with a Gizzy-Bug.

Rainbow - 12 or 12.5 inches, you decide.
Brook Trout - 6, 6.5, or 7 inches. It's so small compared to my ruler that it's hard to tell. Give me whatever you think is right.

I'm on the board first. Who's next? Come on guys! We need 14 more people to fill up this shindig. Or is everyone too embarrassed? Nothing could be more embarrassing than a 6 inch brook could it?
[signature]
Way to go sir! Not monsters, but I'm totally jealous. I would love to be ice fishing right now!

I'll give you 12 for the rainbow and 6.5 for the brookie. They might have been a little bigger, but on that ruler that's what I'm comfortable with.... besides I have a sneaking suspicion that you might be upgrading both of those in the future, so I don't feel too bad about it [Wink] [laugh]

Walking on water before Thanksgiving is pretty good! How much ice was there if you don't mind me asking?
[signature]
There was about 3 to 3.5 inches. It was pretty solid, but was about as thin as I'd like to be on.
[signature]
Great Job[Wink]
[signature]
HH is crazy. He will be the first one on, and the last one off, the ice so the rest of us need to compensate. I'm going to chop block him this winter as he races to one of his jigger trotters because his ACL probably needs some work anyway.
[signature]
dont worry untangler! i will help you out. He needs to slow down on the ice anyways. have you ever seen him on the ice i think he is faster than on dry ground.
[signature]
[quote fearnofish1996]dont worry untangler! i will help you out. He needs to slow down on the ice anyways. have you ever seen him on the ice i think he is faster than on dry ground.[/quote]

Gotta catch me first........

How come you aren't in the contest this year?
[signature]
The following entries were caught at Henry's Lake.
The cut on Dec 5, using a jig with cut bait.
The brook on Dec 6, using a jig with worm.
The chub on Dec 7, using a jig with worm.

I'm hoping you see fit to score me for 19.5 on the cut, 16.5 on the brook, and 8 on the chub, but I'll accept whatever you decide.

Thanks!
[signature]
That is one of the few chubs I have seen from Henrys and a big one. I am sure a lot of the smaller ones get eaten. A few years back they were worried that they might become a problem but they do not seem to be increasing. That was some tough fishing during that time you were there weather wise.
[signature]
Your measurements look spot on to me. I'm really digging the measuring boards lately, they make it really easy to see accurate measurements!

On a side note, you seem to have upgraded your brook trout by 10 inches. I think you should keep up with this trend and catch a 26.5 inch brookie next time!
[signature]
[quote iliketofish]
On a side note, you seem to have upgraded your brook trout by 10 inches. I think you should keep up with this trend and catch a 26.5 inch brookie next time![/quote]

I'd really like that. My current record is 24.5 inches caught last year at Henry's. Unfortunately, I don't see myself getting over there again this season. Getting a brookie like that anywhere seems like a pipe dream.
[signature]
Yellow Perch, CaSade, Dec 28, 2012. Orange/Yellow football jig with worm.

I measured this one at a shade over 14, so I think it it 14, but my meaure stick is hard to read, so if you only give me 13.5, I completely understand. I hope to get one over 15 before the end of the contest.......
[signature]
Good grief! I think I'll have to make a trip over there sometime in the next month or two.

As for that slob of a perch, it looks to me like the tip of the tail is just barely over the 14 inch line so I'll give you the full 14.0. I hope you do get that 15+ just so I can see a picture of it!
Good work!
[signature]
Here's a teaser for ya! These were from a year or 2 ago. The bottle is a 20oz, the ruler is 36 inches long.
[signature]
teasing.... thats just showing off[Image: suspicious.gif]
[signature]
Adding a species and a few inches to my rainbow (I think).

Rainbow, Cascade, Jan 5, Jigging Rap tipped with worm.

Lake Trout, Payette Lake, Jan 5, Jig tipped with cutbait (perch).

I'm thinking the Rainbow is 17.5 and the Lake Trout is 18.5.
[signature]
Your measurements seem reasonable to me. 17.5 for the rainbow and 18.5 for the mac.

You're putting up quite the showing again! ....and I'm totally jealous about the laker, still haven't added that to my list yet [frown]
[signature]
Please replace my old Lake Trout with this one. Jan 11, 2013. 26 inches. Bait was a rainbow trout.
[signature]
Understandable request...NICE fish!
[signature]