Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bear Delivers
Hi gang,
The Warrior Princess and I decided to try the spawing run at Bear Lake this weekend. What it lacked in quantity it made up for in quality. We camped at Rainbow cove and trolled from the cove to the end of Cisco beach. All fish were caught flatlining a gold Husky Jerk 5 3/4" long and an SR 5 jointed shad rap Blue and orange. Water temp was 52.8 Fri, 52 Sat and 51.8 Sun. Jigging produced nothing including several hours at the Rockpile and a couple of hours after dark Sat night. The bite was from first light until about 10:00 A. M. with sporadic fish following. All Lakers were released to spawn as was a 4# wild cutthroat, no clipped fins anyhow. We took a couple of 18" cutts home that had clipped fins. One had a couple of 6" ciscos in it's gullet.
Killer weather, great weekend[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Nice report Bill, good looking fish you guys caught, thanks for sharing your report and pics. I've been wondering when the BL bite would turn on.
WH2
[signature]
Zoweee - big lake, big fish. Nice report - them some toothy buggers! Sounds like a great trip.
I've heard that lake can be stingy, but you seem to have pulled a few charms out of the basket!

Nicely done - great photos - thanks for sharing.
Looks like good times were had by all.
[signature]
Great job. Flatlining is working well right now and I'm glad you got into some "shallow" fish. I tell people they really don't need riggers right now, but they have a hard time believing the fish can be close to the surface.
[signature]