Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot and Heavy Tarpon Action
This evening, we started tarpon fishing at Haulover Inlet while waiting for it to get dark. At the end of our first drift, we hooked up a double header of 90# tarpon. The first fish threw the hook on its first jump after running about 100 yards of line off the reel. The second fish was released after a 30 minute battle in 3-5 foot seas. We made 2 more drifts with no hits before my angler began to feel some motion sickness. Time to head to the Bay. The fish were there and very hungry. They evened the score on us in a big time way. The live shrimp did their job, however, we went 0 for 6 before catching the next 4 fish in a row. Then the action stopped. We tried one more location with no success and decided to call it an evening. Final score was 1 for 2 on the outside and 4 for 10 in the Bay. I've got a few openings, so if you want to give tarpon fishing a try and find out what it is all about, give me a call (305 620-5896) and lets go catch 'em.<br><br>Captain Dave Kostyo<br>Knot Nancy Fishing Charters<br>www.rnfl.com/knotnancy<br>nkostyo@bellsouth.net<br>305 620-5896 Charter<br>305 732-2628 Beeper<br><br>