Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
floating Plastic baits
Have anyone try the new floating plastic yet by float It ?
I seen a youtube vidoe on some. They look very nice and they float good.
[signature]
do they have floating worms..
I'm always looking for better deals on floating worms
check out my floating snake on U tube
type floating bass snake
thats my channel check it out
Dr.P P-BassPhD
[signature]
Yes they have floating worms and floating craws. The only true floating plastics on the market. They work.
[signature]
sometimes in the winter I can only get good bass on floating worms. I rig them texas with a 1/4oz weight and toss to some deep spots with bottom structure. Then I just leave it there for sometimes over a minute and then I will let out line and the worm actually rises a few inches through the weight. I'll twitch it so so lightly and just let it sit there another minute. Then JERK and it probably moves only a inch or two but very fast and gets attention.

Then I repeat that two / three minute process again and if I don't get a strike in that spot after about 10 minutes I'll move it a few feet but stay in the same deep area with bottom structure.

I have caught 5lb bass in January while it is snowing here in Arkansas using this technique. But you have to know the body of water and do it in the deep spots that you know have cover or bottom structure where those sluggish winter bass are.

Craws never worked for me during winter but the floating craws work exceptional here in early spring right when the water temps start rising and the bass begin moving up into shallow water. Usually RED is the color then.

Hope this helps ya. Oh yea I can post a pic of one of the nice ones I caught in 2011 in January using this technique. Pic below:

[inline church3_2.JPG]

EDIT: just wanted to add. I use only 4lb test line in the winter and I use fluorocarbon because it sinks will allow the floating lure to have more action as opposed to mono that will float in the water and impede movement through the weight in that cold water. Good luck!
[signature]
[quote Paulpro]do they have floating worms..
I'm always looking for better deals on floating worms
check out my floating snake on U tube
type floating bass snake
thats my channel check it out
Dr.P P-BassPhD[/quote]

Dr.P P-BassPhD , had to laugh paul...

I swear I will get down there to Florida in 2013 and we are going fishing bro!

(more kitty vids!) hahaha I love that cat I'm going to catnap it and bring it back home with me. Snow kitty.
[signature]
When I was a BASSMASTER in the early 80's
I used top get the magazine,on the cover one day was a florescent pink floating worm,not really my color lol,but bass like it,also orange works,but now stick to brown as its a more natural color
[signature]
Floating worms
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOD0Ky22smk"] [Image: mqdefault.jpg] 12:55 [/url]

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOD0Ky22smk"]Floating Worm Winter Special Penfishingrods.com[/url]
You can fish these using a Carolina float to help float them on the surface for surface fishing
[signature]
There has been a lot of skepticism in the past about using plastic baits for fishing. The main ideas put forth was that they were not environmentally friendly. However, somehow we've been able to come up with more brilliant and Eco-friendly solutions.

There's just two things I look for in a plastic bait. It must be soft worm bait ( to ensure that the fish has a deep bite) and it must be attractive and look like the real deal.
If the bait has some warm oil or scent, that could be an extra plus.
[signature]
I use the strike king finesse worms and they float well. Especially on a shaky head rig.
Here is a link on how to rig up a shaky head:
[#ff0000]Edit: direct links to your web site is not allowed.[/#ff0000]
Its a must use bait for those tight lipped bass!
[signature]
Hi chevy, yes have tried the Senkos Stick bait. Didn't work for me but my friends love it for Bass. Keep thinking maybe doing something wrong it.

Good luck with it.
[signature]