Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow Trout Video
Paul is fly fishing for Trout on the beautiful Hammer Lake, Hampshire. He makes contact with 2 turbo charged trout taken on a floating line and gold headed nymphs. He uses barbless hooks to safely return the fish to fight another day.
http://youtu.be/kza20V8Jf3w
[signature]
Nice fish. But you put the video up so I am going to tell you what I saw.
You say Paul used barbless hooks and returned the fish.
I see one laying on the grass, and no telling how long but a fish that big I am sure you played to exhaustion.
That is like a human running a mile then diving in a pool to see how long they can hold their breath,
Secondly, the thumb and fingers under the gill plate to lift the fish.
Just because a fish swims away does not mean it went unharmed. Many swim of and die.
Lastly, how do you know it was 10lbs?
Sorry, Paul posted it, so I watched and answered.
[signature]
one fish was about 4 lbs the other about 2 - both catch and release in the water and not on the grass. The 10lb trout on the grass was on another video which was eaten by friend a few days ago. I will correct my title. sorry for any confusion.
[signature]
I see the release, but just wondering how you know 4 and 2 pound. Still the gills are a not a good place to grab.
Cool on the feast. I have to say, I have don't consumed a LARGE trout. Tried once and it was not very good.
[signature]
this will be beautiful-

we chin fish without touching the gill covers and hold onto them before they go.

all other fish are dispatched with a priest and for the table - large one's can be very good indeed
[signature]