Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 mile reef???
does anybody have GPS coordinates of the 4 mile bank??? i am going fishing with my teacher on his boat, and we dont know where to go. i know some pretty good calico spots and there are alot of yellowtail at catalina right now, but i dont know...i kinda want to go rock fishing.

thanks...
PM me.

joe
[signature]
tubinjoe: I wonder if you don't mean the 14 mile bank? From Long Beach there is no 4 mile bank. Since you requested a desire for rock fish try these GPS coordinates.
33 36.730
118 10.330
This area is called the "150 Area"because it's generally 150 feet deep. We have been sluicing the ling cod and the red rock cod in this area. It's about 10 to 12 miles about 175 degrees from the East End Long Beach Light, and about 1 to 2 miles past the first "10 mile rig". Use a chum bucket to attract the millions of baby mackerel swimming around out there. Catch some and place one on a dropper leader with at least a 7/0 hook and a 6 ounce weight. Drop it down over a hard spot and hang on. It is a for sure ling hookup. I repeat make sure you are over rock hard bottom. Good luck.
[signature]
i was talking to some guy from calfishing.com and he said that it was up by santa barbara...i think that i way to far to go though. so forget about it...thanks alot man...i hope we have some decent weather. its supposed to rain this weekend. i hope the sky clears up for just one day!

joe
[signature]