Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premier and yellowfin!!!
i dont know where they are going, but the premeir got 11 yellowfin tuna yesterday. they got 18 albies today!!!
what are they doing!!!

the pursuit got 82 yellowtail yesterday and got 60 today! i think those yellows are starting to move up the coast!!!

joe
[signature]

Hey there DH_tubinjoe,

The Premier must be getting them between home and Catalina. Danny will often be really careful to hit good looking paddies on the way to Catalina and be on the lookout for yellowfin on the way back when we get most of them it seems.

We've done this routine for years on the Pierpoint and now on his new boat.

I agree the yellows must be coming.... BOTH FLAVORS!

JapanRon
[signature]
you guys are killing me i SOOOOO miss tuna fishing if only the great salt lake had tuna not a fish in it biggest waste of water i have ever seen
[signature]

Hey there aquaman,

If you're in the Long Beach area give me a PM and we'll set up a trip 'if the fishies are there', they'll need to beware.

Oh ya I'm going on the Premier tomorrow and maybe Thursday. Just thought you'd like to know. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]

[signature]
hey ron i just might be down that way feb. of next year maybe the squid will be floating and we can go catch some big bass of course thats means i would have to by a new rod and reel !!! oh the horror
[signature]
[cool] Hey aquaman, let me know when you will be down. Maybe we can all get something going. See if you can bring Cat_man and the Sturgeonkid with you. That would be quite and outing.
[signature]
i'll be sure to let you guys know i was raised in the san pedro, long beach area fishing and surfing and i so miss the ocean
[signature]
just let me know what you have gear wise. There is a new poll on the Polls and Surveys board which I am moderato for. It is quick and easy to fill out and it doesn't hurt one bit. That would also give me an idea if I need to loan you some rods or if you will come prepared. Either way you are more than welcome to come and visit.
[signature]
i have mianly baitcasters at present i could handle most fish along the coast except big tuna and big rock hugging calico's years ago i even managed a 16# YT at franzworth bank on a baitcaster and 12# mono
[signature]
wow! i bet that took some time and SKILL!!!

im surprised they didnt just bury you in those rocks down there with that light of line!

joe
[signature]

Hey there aquaman,

Wow, you're my kind of partner. I got two 10lb plus yellows on an ambasSador reel and flippin' stick and #12 Ande IGFA line this spring but I really caught it from the captian. Lucky I was the only one to boat yellows both those two days! ha ha

If we ALL fish together, ya'll will take some of the heat off me from the captian and deck for MY light gear. ha ha ha

Seriously, going on a weekday to Catalina during the next few months, with the very light loads, should be awesome.

JapanRon
[signature]
got me in the rocks three times came up with a peice of that beuatiful purple coral wrapped around my line
[signature]