Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is BFT running slow for you?
Mods, feel free to move this to your Off Topic board. We are trying to get the most input from members, so if it is possible to leave it here for a couple of days, it would be greatly appreciated.
Some members are reporting that the site seems to be working slower than normal, whether it is running normal or slower for you, please let us know so we can check it out, thanks.
WH2
[signature]
Your load speed is good. It's probably their connection or ISP routing. Have them complain to their ISP.
[signature]
I had a devil of a time getting on with my old PC(5 minute waits), now I'm on a brand new one with Windows 8 and it is still a tad slow but usable. I blame it on the amount of ads on this page. I don't have this problem with most sites except a few that are laden down with ads.
[signature]
I haven't noticed any change or problem.

But if it is an ad issue, I wouldn't know. I am using Firefox with Adblock Plus.
[signature]
My problem has been using the back button and having to click it several times. Tonight it has not been going back 20% of the time and had to reload the page. Mouse works fine on all other sites and buttons.
[signature]
[quote cpierce]I haven't noticed any change or problem.

But if it is an ad issue, I wouldn't know. I am using Firefox with Adblock Plus.[/quote]

Firefox Roxs!
[signature]
[quote kentd71]My problem has been using the back button and having to click it several times. Tonight it has not been going back 20% of the time and had to reload the page. Mouse works fine on all other sites and buttons.[/quote]
That is the same issue I'm having but it seems fine tonight, so far.
[signature]
I'm using windows 7 or 8 . Computer working fine today until I came here and still having having problems only with the back button,
[signature]
Some pages seem to be ok but others it is easyer to go back to the main page by going to my favorites and getting it. My other othermouse button that is a back button doesn't work here most of the time either.
[signature]
Its been working ok for me tonight but now the spell check isn't working. As soon as I get some feedback from the owner, I'll post an update here. Thanks for everyone's input.
[signature]
here is one of two replies,

yes I too have problems with the back button sometimes. but it is not an issue for me, Reason is I went to my profile settings and selected to go back to the post when finished replying.

I dont know if that is the standard setting, I do know i selected that mode when we came on to this program.

with this setting I seldom have to hit the back button any more.
[signature]
second of two replies.

pages with large or numerous photos, and some with exceptionaly large sig files of one or several users can slow things down incredibly.

Unfortunatly I am not on daily as I would like to be or I would catch the patern. I am down to using a comunity libary computer at the moment.

On the other hand, it is still important to dump cookies once in a while, we sill are not free of out side people tracking our usage, especialy Amazon and other shoping networks. "one of the joys of shopping on line"

there are other things that can cause problems, we have in the past 3 weeks had a masive solar flair 3 times the diamiter of earth. If that had been directed streight at us we would have lost all comunications and power grids "so say sientest"

people who live in outer regeons suffer the most from what I see, they have limited servers for the number of users. even tho you may have high speed conections, you are in direct compition for air space.

when it is a site wide thingy, we all see it at the same time, either by regeon or all toghether. I have to admit it has been years siince I have seen a total melt down. "total crash"

Our best way of pin pointing problem is if users can catch the patern, see what is going on. note the time of day, note weather conditions either in your area or in the area of our main servers. Note if anyone had been visiting shoping networks or opening emails from companies.

not only do shopping networks track your activites, your computers do as well. It may be a good thing to have your settings in your computer set to dump cookies when leaving a site or at least when you shut down for the day.

at any rate pay close attention, finding what is going on is much like finding out what the fish are hitting on.
[signature]