Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek road access?
Hi,
You may want to rethink your plan of heading up there with your boat this weekend! Ask me how I know....... I went up there early this morning to take one last shot at open water from my boat. Everything looked good until I started down that last hill before the ramp. In that shaded area the road was covered in packed, slick snow. It was too late though, I was committed. I got down okay, but nearly got stuck on a heavily iced boat ramp. I finally made it off of the ramp, but only after digging up several gallons of small rocks to get under my wheels for traction. I made it as far as the main dirt road, but there was no way that I was going to make it up that hill back out. I nearly put my boat and truck off the edge trying, so I backed back down to the parking area by the ramp, unhooked my boat, and after several attempts I made that hill and drove into Morgan to buy some chains. Thankfully the Napa there had some! I got back to the boat and after an hour of fighting those new chains I finally got them mostly on. I hooked up the boat, and took my shot, but no luck. I decided to back down the main road past the ramp and get on some flat ground and make a run for it, but then one of my front hubs started to give me problems. I stopped to move the chains to my rear tires, and thankfully a rancher came by in one of those ATV type cars. It took everything that the two of us had to get those damned chains on correctly, but we finally did. A big thanks to that rancher..... he really saved my butt! I made my run at the hill and after nearly a four hour ordeal, I made it out! I was going to just go home, but I decided to fish from the dam.
I ended upwith 9 cutts, 1 bow, and 1 cutt-bow. The cutt-bow was the biggest at 18", five of the cutts were about 16", and the bow and rest of the cutts were about 13". All were released. I caught them on pointers and tube jigs. Crawdad pattern was the hot color tube for me.
I would definitely recommend that you don't go beyond that first hill towards the ramp. You might not get out for awhile! HTH, Fred K.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lost Creek road access? - by UTExplorer - 12-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Re: [UTExplorer] Lost Creek road access? - by wiper_junkie - 12-15-2012, 03:01 AM