Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead 12-15-12
So hit the water this morning w/o Madi. She had a ton of home work plus a project. Also the potential for it being a wet, cold and misserable trip crossed her mind. lol

So Randy joined me. I went out planning on trolling for Stipers for something different to do. By 10am or so we had just shy of 30 landed. Nothing big but all fun. I was running two rods and he had one out. At one time we had a triple. Go figure. Rods going every which way. lol I also caught two today without making a cast. Both times I had just landed a fish on one rod and was waiting for a turn to finish, etc before I could let out the second line to avoid a mess/tangle. Both times I had either set the second rod waiting to be casted in a rod holder or on the back deck with the lure dragging in the water. Yup, Striper came up and grabbed my lure right there. I didn't have to reel at all either time. Just lift the rod up and fish in boat. Go figure on that one. I did almost lose a rod on the second one. That rod wasn't in a holder and luckily as the Striper grabbed my lure the rod slid along the side rail of the boat and got hung up on a cleet.

Randy had to bail shortly after 10 so I went back out and messed around till almost 1 and got another 10 or so. Including the biggest of the day. I decided I was putting everything up at 2 to give myself time to wipe down the boat and clean all the fish so the last hour I drowned a worm and caught 4 LMB for the heck of it. 2 of them 2 1/2 pounders and the other two 1.5 to 2. Not a bad hour. 4 fish 8 to 8 1/2 pound bag. Funny part is that as I was still messing with the Stripers I had seen 5-6 different bass boats/tournament guys out of Callville go through the exact same spot I was planning on hitting once I got all the Striper stuff put up. I didn't see any of them land a fish and I rolled in that spot and did well.

Anyways. Kept 11 Stripers. A lot for me since I rarely take anything home. Several had to be kept due to hook injuries and the rest were because they were decent sizes. The two biggest got a nice boneless fillet job to them and into a beer batter at home for Madi and me (The wife/youngest daughter are not huge fish fans like us). GOOOOOOOOD eating. I usually just flop them in some flour and cook them this time I put the flour in a bag along with 1/2 bottle of beer. Sure doesn't seem like a big difference but it was! The other 9 got prepped for the smoker in the morning.

Didn't take too many pictures.

The 11 kept.

[Image: LakeMead_12-15-12_008.jpg]

What will be going in the smoker in the moring.

[Image: LakeMead_12-15-12_009.jpg]

Dinner. Ahhhh, good!

[Image: LakeMead_12-15-12_012.jpg]
[signature]
Was a fun, but real miserable weather day on the water.

Sorry I had to bow out early, luckily my son didn't break his arm. Luckily the wife didn't kill me either for not bringing my phone out there with me also.

Hope you liked Eagle Cove. Next time there might be a big one there
[signature]
The waiting game... Madi has been out hovering around the smoker all morning waiting and waiting and waiting. lol

[Image: LakeMead_12-15-12_015.jpg][Image: LakeMead_12-15-12_016.jpg]
[signature]
Beautiful day to bust out the smoker...
[signature]
Looks like a great trip.[fishin] I was out there on Saturday too, but did not have a very good day. Only 3 keepers out of the 25 or so fish we caught. [:/]
[signature]