Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone ever seen these in action?
I'm on ebay lookin at different lures and its crazy how realistic some of these lures are being crafted these days. check out a few of em I found..

& with a price tag upwards of $150.00 each u would hate to lose one. but they might do good on the river.

Dead twitch 13" $150.00 free shipping
[Image: %24(KGrHqZ,!ooFC7-v)Mj!BQ)U+z)Uqg~~60_57.JPG]

[Image: %24(KGrHqZHJEcFCZS89zq5BQ)Q+RCsww~~60_57.JPG]

Jerry Rago 11" glideator $149.99
[Image: %24T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOuhCBQy18BGI4g~~60_57.JPG]

another dead twitch 13" $150.00
[Image: %24(KGrHqNHJDUFDHzk!OdRBQzrZPwgNg~~60_57.JPG]
[signature]
The dead twitch looks sick. I dont think i'd ever pay that much for a soft plastic bait, but the glideator is an awesome bait for sure. Jerry Rago has the quality components.

Ya know what though..... I caught 2 big stripers on the river in one day on a cheap @$$ Wal-Mart swimbait. I think it cost me 6 bucks.

Since then, I have spent too much money on crappy ac plugs, and have had less success. ( I say crappy, cause Erawk and I bought almost $200 worth of ac-plugs directly from Alan, and he gave us 2 plugs that don't even swim. So much for a $40 plug being worth the money...)

If you present a lure well, it can be $150 or $5, it will catch em.

I do believe that some more expensive lures, like Lucky Craft plugs, do catch more fish than generic baits, but as a general rule, I don't think the fish have a preference for a price tag.

Those Dead Twitch baits are sexy though......
[signature]
+1 on Lucky Craft.
[signature]
[cool]Guys are going crazy over those "twitch" lures in california. Sealfish picked up one to nail some biguns at silverwood lake,ca. Most of the guys that have bought them are fishing diamond valley lake near hemet,ca. But they weren't paying 150.00 for them. They started at 49.95. Sealfish got his(after waiting on a list) for 60.00 delivered. Those lures weigh 16oz. I don't know if I would like to be slinging a pound of lure all day. I am still waiting for a report from Sealfish when he hooks up with it. Like Whizzle said the fish don't care of the price only that it looks good enough to eat. I got all my big fish on soft plastic lures that cost $6 or less.
[signature]
Alans plugs are a joke these days. It looks like he made them in his garage, oh wait he did[laugh]

Half don't swim right and most of them have a half a$$ glued acrylic lip that looks like it was cut with a hacksaw. Im done with all that. What a waste of money.[fishin]
[signature]
[quote BigE][cool]Guys are going crazy over those "twitch" lures in california. Sealfish picked up one to nail some biguns at silverwood lake,ca. Most of the guys that have bought them are fishing diamond valley lake near hemet,ca. But they weren't paying 150.00 for them. They started at 49.95. Sealfish got his(after waiting on a list) for 60.00 delivered. Those lures weigh 16oz. I don't know if I would like to be slinging a pound of lure all day. I am still waiting for a report from Sealfish when he hooks up with it. Like Whizzle said the fish don't care of the price only that it looks good enough to eat. I got all my big fish on soft plastic lures that cost $6 or less.[/quote]

First my hyperactive friend, you don't cast them non-stop all day and retrieve at warp speed like every lure you toss[Wink]. They are made to basically dead stick and that's where the "twitch" comes into play, just give a little rod twitch occasionally and a wind or the reel, at least that's what I've been told yet to get it wet. I did have to purchase a Musky rod and reel to deliver it, you know how I am with baitcaster E this could make for some good comedy! Anyway the reports coming in from DVL are fantastic but it takes a lot of patience (once again not your thing E) from what I understand although what I've been told it gets more activity then any bait you can toss, but lot's of drive by's and swirls so that's where the patience comes in. I'll let you guys know if I have success, plant this week should spark interest.

I'm thinking this thing would be great at Willow, at 13" it will do a good job of replicating the size of the trout planted.
[signature]
[quote TheWhizzle]Since then, I have spent too much money on crappy ac plugs, and have had less success. ( I say crappy, cause Erawk and I bought almost $200 worth of ac-plugs directly from Alan, and he gave us 2 plugs that don't even swim. So much for a $40 plug being worth the money...) [/quote]

I completely agree with your opinion on the AC's I fell for it also the 2 for one special. One of them swims sideways complete crap! It is obvious the old man could give a damn anymore and anybody buying "homemade" AC's should be forewarned. I gave mine to a lure making friend of mine to see if he an correct the action and give it a proper paint job, I haven't even tried the rest of the lures I bought not sure what they will be doing, one actually worked and I did get a blow up on it but that's it.
[signature]
This is by far the hottest lure out here right now, everybody seems to be tossing them. The action is ridiculous and they are catching a ton of fish, but at $135.00 the retail price is too much for me, that $60.00 for the Twitch lure was a jump from my favorite lure the BBZ.

Can't find them now everybody is out of stock. It's hard to see but there are feathers on both hooks.

[Image: SlideSwimmer_zps5bd90852.jpg]
[signature]
[quote vegaskid]Alans plugs are a joke these days. It looks like he made them in his garage, oh wait he did[laugh]

Half don't swim right and most of them have a half a$$ glued acrylic lip that looks like it was cut with a hacksaw. Im done with all that. What a waste of money.[fishin][/quote]

Yup, I'm over it too. Terrible build quality. He really doesn't care.

I brought the 2 plugs back to him to have him fix them, and he calls me and says "They're fine, I don't know what you are talking about."

So now, because of my apathy towards the plugs and Alan, he still has the 2 lures. I want my money back if he's not going to fix them.
[signature]
[quote TheWhizzle]The dead twitch looks sick. I dont think i'd ever pay that much for a soft plastic bait, but the glideator is an awesome bait for sure. Jerry Rago has the quality components.

.[/quote]

Just an FYI, it's not really an all plastic bait, there is a solid inner core and it's wrapped in a soft plastic outer. Considering the price of many swimbaits out there 60 bucks really isn't that steep. Matt (Matt's lures) has done a real good job of covering just about all components so when the fish check out the bait they see no hardware, now the hooks of course are still there he told me to paint them white or I'm thinking about having BigE tie some feathers on um next time I see him.
[signature]
My Gawd, thu price uv them thangs iz flat ridiklus. Ahm shur ah luv ta fish az much az enny an morther than most but hit'll git awful cold in hell afore ah'll lay out thet much fer a damn hunka werked over broomstick!
[signature]