Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Inlet Report
[font "Arial"][size 2]November 1, 2003

Oregon Inlet the morning was clear and a light breeze from the Northeast. Starting fishing at the bridge for Rock. As soon as we put the eels down, something took my eel but it got off. Put on a new eel and this time a rock took the bait. After a short battle with the fish, he was in the boat. The rock was 10lb and 29 inches long. We tried for 2 hours, but no bites other than Oyster crackers and one linkcod. Got a call from a friend that some nice big spots where biting good. When we got there the bite was on. We fished for 4 hours there catching big spots. Most where over one pound and we got over 50 nice spots. There where well over 1,000 spots caught from boats and pepole fishing on the shore that I saw. One thing that I was surprise about we did not catch no little bottom fish. Most of the time the hogfish and pinfish worry you to death.

November 3, 2003

Oregon Inlet

First thing the battery was dead, so I have to pull start it with a rope. Then after a short run we starting fishing at the bridge for rock. After one hour with no bites. I pulled the rope again and we went to try to catch spots. The spots have moved out but I did see a few caught from the banks. Went to pull the rope to start the motor. Of all things my finger got in the starter wheel and the fishing trip was on hold. After a short time, I pulled it again with a bad finger and went to the coast guard station and got a little first aid. Then went to the Nags Head Hospital and got 11 switches in my finger. Well back to the boat ramp after 2 hours. Pulled the rope to start it again and went back fishing. Lost two rock on live bait around the bridge. In the inlet the pelicans where feeding on something, so we ran over there. Got two small bluefish casting and saw some other blues pass at the baits. Went to try the spots again and this time we caught one. So the day really did not turn out that bad after all.[/size][/font]
[signature]
wow, dose this mean that the fishing is finaly getting back to normal there after that huricane?
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]The fishing is not as good as it will be in a few weeks, when the water cools down. Things are looking better, but you never know about fish. One day I will catch a nice bunch of fish and the next day I might as well just be sight seeing. Maybe the fish just don’t bite every day. Hopefully I will catch that big one I have been looking for this whole year. I will just have to wait and see.[/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1][/size][/font]
[signature]