Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Saturday Mornin' Fun
Wife went shopping with the fam so, what a great time to hit the river! Got on the Weber around 10am, off at 2pm. Caught around 30ish, fishing was consistent. 50/50 for whitefish and browns, and I was actually extremely happy with the fly of choice! See pictures! I fished this stetch, caught a nice 18" brown, camera died about 30 seconds before... I was so mad... Finished out the run and headed back to the truck and noticed 2 guys in the same stretch I came out of, figured I walk down and say hello, see how they were doing. One gentleman was fairly new to the sport, so I figured I'd swap some flies,and see if I could get him on some fish, and I did! He managed to pick up the same 18" brown I caught about 2 hours early. So the other gentleman took a snap shot for him & myself! Awesome company and great fishing! Doesn't get much better then that!

[Image: 18incher_zpscdaf5626.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1431_zpsbbfdfb20.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1430_zps11dc8b9b.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1425_zps1fd48fd2.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1426_zps9434f734.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1427_zps074a0e25.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1429_zpsd254e2b2.jpg]
[signature]
Nice! I was thinking how good of a day it would have been to go fishing on my way to work Sad
[signature]
Nice work! With the new baby here i havent been out in way to long, Your pics are makin it worse!
[signature]
The top non-trout does appear to be a whitefish, but the lower one is a Utah sucker.

Still, a tug is a tug.
[signature]
Nice, man. Did you get that sucker in the mouth, or foul-hook him? I rarely catch those suckers in the mouth, but they make me think I've got a monster Brown on until I see that I've hooked them in the ass or back...

Also, without giving details, would you mind giving me a general "area" that you were in? I don't know the Weber at all, and have fished it only two or three times. I just realized that my last trip there I was fishing on private property -- ugh, had no idea, but just saw it on that DWR map. I think I've caught a total of one fish on the Weeb. I know, I know, this is serious... PM would be dandy if that's easier, and I'll remember you in my Fish God offerings this afternoon in church. Danke.
[signature]
Oh there's a sucker in one of those pictures?? Wink To my surprise, the sucker actually hooked extremely close to his mouth like he was trying to take it, but slightly missed. They feel like a rock sitting on the bottom either way! lol They're definitely fun to bring in.

And I'll let you know about this Weber spot if you share a spot to hit on the Provo in a PM.
[signature]
Sounds like a good day on the river. Is that a caddis larva I see in those pics? I hit the Ogden today for a couple of hours. I only managed to get three browns. But the weather was awsome, and the scenery too.
[signature]
Nice Catch, the colors on that brown are awesome.
Looks like a little caddis larva did you tie with chamois ? or twisted Antron ?
[signature]
The caddis is tied with one strand from a 3 ply waxed linen cord. If you use all 3 strands, it's to think and you don't get the ribbed body look. I don't see why antron wouldn't do the same thing though.
[signature]
Looks like your killing it with that caddis.. Great job! Hopefully ill be able to get out there with you soon.
[signature]