Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davey's locker
went out two weeks ago . the trip was a total lost . no help from deck hands , they were to busy taking care of there friend Gerry .Gerry this Gerry that , everyone got yellow tail not me .[mad] they lost my money for awhile . so Sad... met two guys who aloud me to play cards with them .thanks guys [Wink] hey kool Aide.
[signature]
[cool] Hey there detroitredwing, Sorry about the fishing trip but Welcome back to the BFT boards. We look forward to hearing more about your future trips and don't forget to get some pictures. This site thrives on pictures. If you ever need help posting them just let me or one of the other Moderators know. We will be glad to give you a hand.
[signature]
WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

Sux about the trip though, maybe your next you will blow everyone away!!!!
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Welcome aboard, I see you have been hear before, Sometimes the fish don’t corporate, but it sound like they could have worked a little harder to make your trip more rewarding. Thanks for the report. [/size][/font]
[signature]
I see where you beat me to it! I was going to have you post a request for information on a better charter service. It looks like the one you used was not out to provide the service that you payed for.
Glad you posted this as it may help others think abit on who they charter with in the future.
Welcome to the Great and Growing BFT message boards. Will be watching for your next adventure to see if it turns out a bit better.
[signature]
WELCOME TO THE SITE don't be shy about asking questions there's a good group of people here who will help you catch more fish
[signature]

Hey there again detroitredwing,

Too bad about the trip. I would be interested in knowing a bit about the particulars via PM if you have the time. I'm not someone to make a huge fuss, but as I have made it part of my responsibilites to be aware of service and or lack there of in the so cal saltwater sportfishing community it would be appreciated.

I am often asked what landing, boat, crew, specific trip, and dates are best and all the first-hand info I can get helps.

Thanks,

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2] I went out of Davy's years ago and had same issue this time of year. Fishing was light but when I hit something deck hands were no where to be found![/size]

[size 2] I can land my own fish and unhook them but since there is deckhands there it's nice when they help out.[/size]

[size 2] One landing I have fished and had alot of luck was Long Beach Sportsfishing. Gone out of there many times, caught fish~Limited in 2 1/2 hours once and crew was great.[/size]

[size 2] Might want to try them next time[Wink] and no I do not work for either[sly][/size]
[signature]

Hey there guest,

The Victory out of Long Beach Sportfishing Berth 55 is good too. Also check out the trip report I'll be writing AFTER I finish this post on the great fishing I had locally on the Premier yesterday on another appropriate board.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello Guys,

DWR, Sorry to hear about that. I've always heard good things about fishing with them. It does happen though.

If you are looking for a smoking hot crew and a great boat to fish, I recomend the Blue Horizon. Top Notch crew and captain, awesome grub, and always had a great bunch of anglers to fish with.

Just a bit of a heads up (which you may already know but I thought worth mentioning for other anglers as well), its not a bad idea to politely mention to the deck hands what you want if your not getting it. Most of the time they are more then willing to accomodate but may not know their not taking care of you the way you expected.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[size 2]That's true. Went out on Enterprise awhile back and no one helped us then I mentioned it and next time they were all over us![/size]

[size 2] Barricuda are tricky, that's why they call me 3 finger John now[pirate][sly][/size]
[signature]
Wouldn't it be great if someone from Daveys' Locker read this and gave some kind of response to the allegations rendered. Deckhands that treat customers in this manner need to be reminded that they are working with a service that caters to the public. If they can't react as they are supposed too, it means they are making too much money.If I owned that service I would be really ticked at that crew. Was the skipper asleep?
[signature]
[size 2]On my trip skipper never left the helm. Deckhands were in the galley playing cards. At one point one of the fisherman was grabbing a gaff to help. That was Davy's, not Long Beach Sportfishing. And this was a couple years ago.[/size]
[signature]

Hey... I never had a bad time on A Davy's boat. Alot of the times there is a bunch of regulars on the trips. I went out about 5 years ago on a regular basis. The only draw back was the parking, it added a few bucks to the days trip. You have to park at the beach pier parking or the parking garage. Adding about $8.00 to the day. Then there's the summer tourist traffic. Like one guy responded, you have to let them know whats up. Not only as a angler but as a team fishing together on the boat. Others have always yelled out (fish on !!) or we got color. ect!!! To alert the deck hand. Now as I see you went out in November. Kinda late in the season. Much of the action has died down. Maybe thats another reason for the lack of attention. As far as Long Beach ... oh brother!!! I'll never go out of the Pico Exit landng. One trip with a bunch of crazy guys tossing the iron with no regard on whos behind them. Another trip had a few stealing fish from your sack...
The Capt gave us a comp. day trip to come back. Never again!! We all have our favorite landings. I tried 22nd st., Redondo sports fishing, Newport landing and a few others. All good charters. Better luck next time. I can't wait to get back to fishing here. We just moved back from Sacramento. Ready to hook up!!!
[signature]
If your talking about Davy's locker at hunington beech. I hear you. I went fishing there with a friend, had heard a lot about it but wasn't too empresed. We went to the pier and had tons of fun there.

Trent
[signature]
Hey there chum-bucket, Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards. It's good to see there are more and more local members joining. I hope to see some of your fishing reports in the future. Don't forget to come and check us out on the CA board as well.

Happy fishing.
[signature]
Hey there detroitredwing, I hope your future trips go better! [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2631;] TO BFT!!!
[signature]
Hey chum-bucket, [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2631;] TO BFT!!
[signature]
Welcome to the board. Just think, next time you will catch the fish of a lifetime, or atleast have fun trying.
[signature]