Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boat rental
where can i rent a boat in almitos bay ??? and is that a good spot ? [unsure]thanks
[signature]
[size 2]I do not know of any boats rentals in Los Alamitos. Newport off Balboa Pennisula allows you to rent small skiffs with live bait.[/size]

[size 2] Pretty cool. I do it off and on. Catch bass and Halibut[/size]
[signature]
Do they allow float tubing in that area??? If so, where is a good place to launch from??? I am looking for some alternate places to go as some of the freshwater places I go to are getting colder and I would just like a change of pace.
[signature]
[size 2] I don't know. I do own a tube but do not tube that area. Alot of that area is private property with restricted street parking. Good fishing during summer though. Lots of bass and halibut along channel rocks, etc.[Wink][/size]

[size 2] I have seen people tubing there but I do not know if it's authorized.[unsure][/size]
[signature]
float tubing is allowed in alamitos bay. i launch from mothers beach by the 68th street bridge. i am not sure of the street name. as you go over the 68th street, not the 2nd street, bridge, you cant miss the beach! i drift from there all the way to the beach by the 2nd street bridge. me and my buddies do it all the time. we catch lots of sandbass, halibut, calico bass, and a few spotted bay bass. most everything is short though.

joe
[signature]
HEY ARE YOU A TRANSLANT FROM MOTOWN LIKE ME OR A BIG HOCKEY FAN ? THERE'S NUTTIN ' LIKE TOSSING SOME OCTOPIE AT THE JOE ! I'M FROM THE DOWNRIVER AREA , YOU ?
[signature]
[size 3]????[crazy][crazy][/size]
[signature]
welcome to bigfishtackle

I see you are a red wing fan...

you from michigan or do you just like the team.

you can fire up some hocky talk on the notnessarily fishing board, ya never know when a game might break out.... lol
[signature]

Hey there detroitredwing,

Welcome to the BFT family. You've ask a question not that easy to answer. Little electric powered cruise boats can be rented but a full fledged fishing boat is another matter all together. Other places along the coast rent parasails, sailboards, sail boats, kayaks, surfboards,etc. so I'll check further for you on the boat business.

I assume we're talking about Alamitos Bay in Long Beach my and others on the boards stomping grounds.

JapanRon
[signature]
tubinjoe: The bridge is called the Appian Way Bridge. All of the area on the Mothers Beach side is really tight. If you park on Appian Ave west of the bridge you will find it much easier to find a parking spot. There are a few walk throughs to the Marine Stadium from the street. Park on Appian Way as close to the bridge as you can, walk through the homes and head back up to the bridge for an easy tube launch. Do not launch into the Marine Stadium. The best fishing is from a very low tide to the next high where the tidal flow is very swift.
[signature]

Hey there again detroitredwing,

Found to possible leads for you. One company is called Bay Boat Rentals (electric boats but they may have info) in the Los Alamitos area and a website for Offshore Rentals (they do rent boats, etc.) at www.owsrentals.com. I believe they're located in Rainbow Harbor in the shopping area.

JapanRon
[signature]
Looks like you guys already chased him away!
[signature]
That bridge is the Second Street Bridge. It is due west of the Appian Bridge, two stop signs and a signal at the intersection of Bar Shore and 2nd Street That stretch of water between two bridges is an excellant drift. Keep to one side or the other and drag a ghost shrimp across the bottom. There was a time when that stretch of water was a runway for the biggest spotfin croaker ever seen by man.
[signature]
Theres three bridges total that we drift, the 2nd street bridge north and Apian way along with 2nd street bridge south or west. Ive caught some of those spotfin in there, and they are big. Joe, we need to start fishing smelt or firecracker dines in there!

San Nicolas HERE I COME!

Aaron G
[signature]
no skiff rentals around the area.But just a thought? I do recall a electric boat rentals in Sunset Beach,on P.C.H.,but the name slipps my brain this moment. P.S. Great Selection in User Names,I thought "I" was the only Red Wing Fan in California!![cool]
[signature]