Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish lake ice?
How's the ice on Fish Lake? Is there any and if so how is it fishing?
[signature]
Called the lodge today, she said there was not very much ice at all. [frown]
[signature]
about 3/4 of the lake had a sheet of ice as of the morning of the 29th. No one was walking on most of it -- <2". The south end (parking at the bathrooms) had some older ice and one group was out on it. The extreme north end (the
"neck") had some older ice as well. We fished in the neck and did just fine for a few perch and splake.

On the 30th, a bit more ice showed up. We ventured out onto the "new" ice from the 29th out from the bathrooms at the south end. I would guess about 3" of ice. Fishing wasn't "hot" but we were still able to get some splake, bows, and perch. 1 big fish was lost after about a 10 minute battle in 30 feet of water. This was not a "pup" -- but rather something bigger. Too bad.

As of the 31st, people started to venture out onto other areas of the lake, including out from Lakeside, the Lodge, etc. 3" of ice in those areas. These cold temps are building ice, and each day I think things are getting safer. I would, however, exercise caution if you are heading to Fish Lake. Check the ice -- don't assume that because one group is out on the ice that it is safe where you are heading. DON'T TAKE ATV'S out on the ice at this point.

good luck.
[signature]
Thank for the update. Too bad about the big tho[Sad]
[signature]