Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake ice today
Fished out from the 1st. out house at the S. W. end today. There was open water further up the lake, but ice was 6" to 7" where we fished.
Caught lots of smaller bows and splake. Largest being about 1.5 lbs.
Fished in about 40' of water. Most of my fish were caught about 25' down.
Couple of small pups picked up off the bottom.
Not real fast fishing but good fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Was worried if it would ever freeze this year!
Hope to do as well as you next week, headed down with 30 of my closest Ice Fishing buddies!
[signature]
I was there as well. We were further north west of the Macinaw campground. we caught tons of splake 30-40 with some nice ones, while i caught my first "laker" only 25" but i had a blast with him. I have a pic with him the other is my sons first laker!!!
[signature]

[signature]
way nice. still looking for my first laker through the ice. thanks for sharing.[cool]
[signature]
Sweet fish thanks for sharing, I'm heading down there this weekend and would be happy if I hook into a laker of that size, would you mind sharing what depth you were finding the lakers at? Thanks,
[signature]
I was in 41" of water
[signature]
@ PACMEN did you feel and hear that large crack in the ice today? around 10? it was the largest and loudest i have ever heard the ice. (i had to wipe after it was done singing)
[signature]
[quote isda]I was in 41" of water[/quote]

Is this a typo? You were in less than 4 feet of water or was it 41 feet?
[signature]
no it was 41' sorry for the inches mark
[signature]
That was one loud crack. The guys I was with were making the claim that they saw it go through their hut. One of them was scared bad enough he was outside the hut with the dry heaves.
I have only been through one that was larger. I had a bunch of scouts at the berry about 10 years ago, when it cracked the ice shifted about 6" to my back. I thought a pressure ridge had formed a few feet behind me.
I came out of my chair running past the boys. At about 30 or 40 feet I looked over my shoulder expecting to see water and whatever. All I saw was about 6 or 7 boys nervously looking around wondering where I was going. After I had calmed down I explained that if the scout master jumps up and runs they might be well advised to follow suit.
[signature]