Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLIES
I was inspecting my fly boxes the other day and realized I have a lot of fly that I don't use. It got me to thinking about which patterns are most effective around here and how it would be nice to consolidate my flies. I usually fish the Weber, S.F. Ogden, Provo. Any advice on successful patterns would be appreciated. I am not asking for anyone's secret flies. [Wink]
[signature]
This list could go on forever but here is good condensed version... http://utahflyfishingclub.com/2010/12/11...top-flies/
[signature]
I mostly fish the Ogden and my favorite flys are, elk hair caddis, pmd, black midge (dry), hoppers, hairs ears, pheasant tails, wd-40, sow bugs, wooly buggers, brassie, zebra midge. Pretty standard stuff. My favorite fly is a royal wulff, but fish on the Ogden don't buy it for a second.
[signature]
I resently moved close to the Weber and I could use some advise on what patterns to use on it.
[signature]
[quote fishinfudd]I resently moved close to the Weber and I could use some advise on what patterns to use on it.[/quote]pretty much anything you use on a trout river will work on the weeb. Sow bugs and scuds are always active... Hares ears, rainbow warriors,wd-40, pheasant tails, ray charles and blue wing drys are one my favs especially the parachute or the the cripple. Eggs work during the spawn, although I tend to pick up more whiteys on eggs. Zebra midges right now are a good bet too.
[signature]