Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sucker Meat
Does anybody know of a good place to catch some suckers? I heard the Jordan river might be good, but does anybody know where along the Jordan River?

Thanks
[signature]
There not easy too find at this time of season. I usually catch them in spring or fall time when weather goes down and they get ready for spawning.
[signature]
Is it possible to purchase sucker meat?
[signature]
Sportsmans whse sell frozen sucker meat. It is in a freezer in the back of the fishing department.
[signature]
Also cabelas if your around that area. You could also try the river around 9000 s.
[signature]
9000 s what city? Sorry for my ignorance.
[signature]
Just off I-15 west Jordan I believe. Just use a crawler on the bottom. I might go this week and will report.
[signature]
Sweet! Thanks for the feed back. I guess I'll have to try my luck at Sportsmans or Cabelas. The Sportsmans in Riverdale has been sold out every time I've been there.
[signature]
Last time I caught a sucker was in October but they were really fat and busting eggs so if they are still in spawning mode it would be good fishing for them but it takes time finding them. Usually find a whirl pool that's deep and toss a #2 hook with a long piece of worm and heavy weight if the water is running.

Last time I went to sports man warehouse in midvale they had tons of sucker meat.

You got me thinking of checking a few spots on the river if I can catch some sucker for bait. [Wink]
[signature]
I haven't had a problem catching those during most any season just sink a worm in a slow section or where the river eddies alot use google earth to find slow sections
[signature]
Stonebridge golf course (about 2400 south, Bangeter). Go to bridge directly south of clubhouse. It's about a 100 yrds from parking lot. Toss in a line with your worm or whatever......take home your sucker.
[signature]
Quote:Or toss in a half a loaf of bread.....when the water starts boiling of suckers sucking....club said sucker over the head with stick, rock, beer can, whatever. Take home sucker.
Might need to check the regs on that one. Think that would count as chumming. Though a wad of bread on a hook is a sure bet for carp, suckers. Everybody loves worms!

Know you're kidding, welcome to the forum, but stick to the regs. Guess it depends on where if you can even bow-fish for suckers. Carp on the other hand . . . . !
I used to work out at the Stonebridge. I've seen plenty of carp in those ponds and tons of geese. Are there really suckers in there too?
[signature]
I was wondering what you were going to fish for and were at with the sucker meat . They catch some suckers below the bridge on Winchester street about 6800 south on the Jordan River.
[signature]
I usually catch more suckers, carp, catfish, white bass and perch.
You can also catch bows, cutties, pike, tiger musky, or lakers with them as well .
[signature]
We caught several 3 lb suckers at Strawberry this past summer. I kept one for bait but have yet to catch anything on sucker meat. When going after bows or cutts what is a good way to use sucker meat?
That's nice to know you caught on the berry because I've only caught bow and cutties. Usually I will drag it on the bottom or be on a float tube and see where they are but usually I just fly fish the berry.
[signature]
Fresh sucker meat is like chocolate cake to a fat kid. Bear lake, fish lake, and the gorge it is lake trout candy.
[signature]
They sell it in that little Market in Manila if you are coming to the Gorge. They also sell Chub.
[signature]
Weber river. If you'r at strawberry try the ladders with doe or worms. Of course you can buy it for about 5 bucks a fillet, that makes one sucker worth about ten bucks.
[signature]