Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishermen
Check out the Ice fishing board, crappie contest Jan. 31,2004 looks great for a weekend getaway. Chief
[signature]
It wont be long now, I got 3 inches of ice in my boat this afternoon.

and it is below freezing again now. susposed to worm up this week, but I am expecting snow this next week some time.

we could get a foot of snow any time from here on in.....[shocked] its that time of year again.....la la la la la, la la, la, la......

I went and picked up my new line to put on my reels a couple weeks ago. I pulled out the auger now I have to find my file to sharpen the auger spoon...

I think this will be my last ice fishing season. If I will be doing any more it will be trips to the north country. I am planning a move to the south of the mason dixon line.

you seeing any hints ice out your way?
[signature]
[cool] Oh yah, It's been cold enough here to keep the deer moving, I jumped on my ATV sunday morning and slid off the seat because of the ice crystals that had formed over night. It's been in the teens here. I also bought some new ice line for my poles I picked up 2lb. and 4 lb. some new hooks for the new tipups I still have to get, my wooden ones are shot. I think all the new one's will be plastic frames.

I've also thought the same that some day I will move down south as well. My brother is in Atlanta and that area sounds nice. I'd be able to use the boat all year, that sounds pretty good. Chief.
[signature]
if you ever get down to atlanta you will never come back....every one I know who has moved there has never wanted to leave.

I got the same 2 and 4 pound...

I was just thinking about new treble hooks the other day when I was looking in my tackle box and saw my old new trebles with a bit of rust on them, that rust can cost you your fish I am sure you know, just said it for the benifit of our readers. I certainly dont need to give you any fishing lessons, lol you have beaten me at the last two derbies....[laugh]

I think this time I am going to invest in stainless trebbles. I like the color of the bronsed color but I dont like having to replace them till I catch a hundred fish on a single hook. I usualy retire them and hang them on the wall after catching a hundred fish. I usualy have to retie after every twenty fish to keep from loosing the hook. it seems that on fish twenty three and on I am at risk of my line braking at the knot., them little gills got teath... tiny one but teath just the same...[shocked]

we are susposed to get a couple worm days I am hoping enough to get the water out of my boat..

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1556;]

I had three inches of ice in my boat yesterday.... I tryed to break it out, so I got me auger got up in the boat and drilled me a hole, now if I only had me a couple crappies in there boy would I be set.....

On them trebles, what size would you sugest for pike? and Lake trout.
[signature]
[Wink]Hay Dave it looks like you were doing some bottom fishing there. Nothing like itching to get on the ice.

The only time i use a treble hook is on my sweddish pimple that way I get a few more maggots on. I've ccaught some nice lakers that way while jigging. When I try for Salmon and lakers under my tipups I use a heavy braided leader and a single #4 hook with a 6" shinner on board for a tasty treat. Got to let them run with the bait a while beefore setting the hook. Pike just seem to find me when I fish in weedy area for large perch My new hooks for general use are the red eagle claw #6 I run a file over the end just to make them a little sharper. I put on a 1" and 1/2 long fat head.

This pic should get you in the mood and make you want to stay up north a few more years. Chief
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1572;]
[signature]
now that looks like the good life to me. lol

good ice

good fishing

and a good woman to keep ya from wonderin off the ice[laugh]
[signature]