Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May Be Last Week for Yellowfin Locally

Hey there guys,

Talking with guys on the boat Wednesday, the old hands don't see we locals here in Long Beach/San Pedro having many more days access to those Yellowfin Tuna. Although they make their annual move up thru the Catalina channel, we don't always get a shot at them as we did two years ago and this year.

If you're interested in getting in on the action on 15 to 20 pound fish for a ticket on a 3/4 day open-party boat, now's the time you might want to jump on a boat.

I don't know how much the weekend traffic will affect the fishing but I do believe that the private boaters will be swarming the area (14 mile bank) today, Saturday and Sunday.

We had an incident Wednesday where a PBer and a sportie got into it and the PBer charged the sportie then veered off and circled the boat. But all of a sudden the PB stopped dead in the water. You could see them drifting helplessly and raising their outdrive trying to get all the fishing line out of their prop. 30 and 40 lb monofiliment wrapped around a prop 500 times makes it tough to putt putt! ha ha ha ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
what a bunch of idiots! were you on that boat?

joe
[signature]
Hey there DH_tubinjoe,

NO, I was on the Premier 300 yards away laughing my head off!

JapanRon
[signature]
i still havent fished that boat! i really want to. their fish counts have been awesome!

it will be a weird feeling not having to do anything on the way out or way in! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

joe
[signature]
hi joe nothing to do ? offer to help scrub the boat i'm sure the deckhands would appreciate it and you might make some new friends
[signature]
that was kinda what i wanted to get away from... scrubbing the boat, chumming, getting bait, rigging people up. it will be a weird but GOOD feeling![Wink]

joe
[signature]
so i see said the blind man as he triped over his legless wife
[signature]
haha... yea????[crazy][crazy]
haha....im lost....once again.

anyways...im going fishing with one of my teachers tomorrow. i think we might shoot over to the 14 mile bank. or we might just fish the horseshoe kelp because we did so good on saturday on the monte carlo. im not sure yet. it all depends on the winter.

joe
[signature]