Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windless Tipup modification
I started an upgrade on my next fishing apperatous. last year I picked up a windless tipup.
it has a wind pattle the bobs up and down with the wind. I am hoping it is going to be a great crappie-perch and walleye getter.
I was not to confident of its construction or functions I took it out and set it up in the yard where it could get plenty of wind. I liked the bobbing action, but because it is top heavy and its base was made to short and narrow it has a serious falling over problem. yep, it would fall over forward backward and side to side depending on wich way the wind would turn.

the directions said to pack snow and ice one the back of the base. I have caught blue gill that would yank that thing though the hole. being afraid that I would loose it on my first time out, I decided to make upgrades.

I went to the hardwear store and picked up $12.oo worth of materials. Aluminum angle iron, stainless steel machein screws 10-24, lock washers and wing nuts. I would have waited to find the stuff on the side of the road, but aluminum angle iron just dose not seem to be tossed out much. And I am in a hurry to get it out and use it.
Last night I made the upgrade and stood it up and it looks like it is fairly solid. hopefuly I will be able to take it out on the ice this weekend to test my modifications. I will then take pics to show the whats - whys and hows.
new modifications completed and tested.

here is the results on its maden voiage

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/17480/cat/838"][Image: DSCN1728.JPG][/url]