Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some killer new gear
LL Bean came out with this sweet little setup (rod and reel or combo) that is fantastic and very eye appealing AND at a killer price!

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/73164?pro...google_pla

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/72813?feat=0-ppxs&dds=y

And on reels, go overseas with a name you can trust GREY'S

http://fly.greysfishing.com/en-us/produc...x500-reel/
[signature]
That looks to be an amazing reel deal: Reel body THREE spools and a soft case for $85? Holy macaroni. You could have three lines in one weight or use just that one reel body for three different rods in three weights.

While I've only made a few casts across snow with it, my Greys GS2 #3 rod is delicious.
[signature]
That's what I am thinkin'.
That Bean rod has got my attention however.

Glad you like he rod, but I had no doubt[Smile] Is the tip top oversized?
[signature]
Define "oversized" for me, por favor.
[signature]
That is a sweet reel setup!
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]Define "oversized" for me, por favor.[/quote]

Here are two four weight rods. One is the Orvis Trout Bum the other is the Grey's G
Grey's is on the left.
Stripping Guides
[Image: IMG_0233.jpg]
Guides
[Image: IMG_0237.jpg]
Tip Top (Grey's is on the right
[Image: IMG_0235.jpg]

The smaller guides are better for more delicate presentation as no line slop, however, here in frozen Utah, oversize are a blessing when it comes to ice.
[signature]
I love my Grey's streamflex 3 wt. 10 ft. I use it mainly for euro nymphing and high sticking and it does great when it comes to just casting the leader with no fly line. Not to mention the added length is a "must" when euro nymphing. I dont like it as well when using an indicator setup because it does not handle the extra weight as well.

Why do you have to post all this sweet equipment I "don't" need!!! lol that rod looks perfect for my backpacking trips this summer! Its going to be on the list (after I find a job!) Does anyone have the Grey's reel? It looks great especially for the price!
[signature]
Right on! Do you weigh your flies?
[signature]
Thanks for the superb photographic definition of "oversize." I can now definitely answer: no. All the guides seem scaled to the rod.

That's no drawback, because I ain't nevah gonna be fly fishin' in freezin' crick water. The very thought of how cold my feet would get leaves pain shooting through my toes even as a I type this. Mah fangers, too.
[signature]
what do you mean weigh them? I tie them with leadwire but I don't put them on a scale
[signature]
That is what I meant. The Czechers I know are into the whole thing.
[signature]
O... nope, I am not a hardcore euro nympher. Just when i think it fits.
[signature]
Hey, FG, I resent that! I'm Slovak, and I bristle at the fact that nobody likes an out-of-town Czech.
[signature]
My hubby is a half Slovak[Wink], but that was funny...who uses a czech anymore anyway. I am working on the creditcard style[Wink] That is a lot of flies at everything[laugh]
[signature]
That's one of my all-time favorite lines, FG, but I stop short of calling my two novels Czechbooks.

If you come up with a credit card fly pattern, perhaps you could call it the Visa Versa.

(That's be a whole lot better than the Master Bait.)
[signature]