Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Inlet Report Nov. 6 & 7
[font "Arial"][size 2]Oregon Inlet

Left the ramp and went to the bridge to try the rock. Fished with live eels around the bridge in a few good spot that I know, but no fish could be found. No small fish could be caught for bait that we could find. Went to try the spots, but did not have any luck there. I did see a few spots, and one trout caught. Latter that day, we caught a flounder that went a little under 14 inches. So, fishing in a word. slow

After dark we put a light out under the bridge. Caught a few oystertoads off the bottom on shrimp. One of the eels tail got gut off by a Bluefish, but we never caught it. We got six spots from a friend to use as bait. They where around one pound each, but we wanted to caught a big rock. We fished until 2:00 am and we still had not found the rock. But we had a nice fishing trip. We cooked hamburgers on the grill in the boat. A hot hamburger hit the spot on a slow fishing night.

After a little sleep, we where ready to look for that big rock fish again. Started working the bridge from spot to spot. It was starting to look like a repeat of the day before. We fished hard trying to get a rock and then when I did hook up with one, it took me in around the pilings and broke off. Caught two small Bluefish jigging with spoons. Latter that day a nice rock took a live bluefish form the bottom. It was a short fight and the rock lost the bait, but the bait had teeth marks all on it. We never did get a rock in the boat or never saw a rock. But next time, hopefully it will be better.[/size][/font]
[signature]
great report, not all that bad of a day of fishing eather,

it may be a bit slow there you shold try it here in michigan,, the lakes are freezing around the edges.... not enough to walk on, and to much to get out with a boat...[Smile]

almost time to catch some hard water fishies....
[signature]