Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11/08 LBSF City of Seal Beach
[#000099][size 2]11/08 LBSF City of Seal Beach [/size][/#000099]

Fished with Capt.Shawn on the 3/4day City of Seal Beach with twenty others. First stop after picking up a bait tank of sardines, we were off to of flat calm horseshoe for barries and yellows but by the time we got there the bite had gone down. So off to Whites Point for a mix bag of rockfish most of my fish came on the megabait 5oz jig crome/chovie. Highlite of the day was a 10lb Cabezon, release.

FISH TALK RADIO: KMPC AM1540 – The Ticket/Sporting News Radio, Thursday
nights 8 to 10pm. with the hot scoop for your fishing weekend on the only weeknight
prime time show hosted by Capt. Ron Baker, Capt. Paul Strasser, and Gayle Johnson.

Be a part of the show by sending an e-mail to [url "mailto:JACKPOT@FISHTALKRADIO.COM"][#0033cc]JACKPOT@FISHTALKRADIO.COM[/#0033cc][/url]
or calling us at (800) 770-1540. Listen live on the internet [url "http://www.fishtalkradio.com/"][#0033cc]www.fishtalkradio.com[/#0033cc][/url].
[signature]

Hey there FTRDeckhand,

Thanks for the report. The Horseshoe barries and yellows are not an easy find this time of year. That is unless you're George Van Zant, one of our BFT writers, as he always seems to have good 'luck' on the 'shoe'. I used to go with a captian out of LBSF that was a calico nut and the 'shoe' was is stomping grounds.

Uh Oh, another angler turned on to MegaBaits. I just got a hold of their metal minnow and also have their softbaits with the mean looking leadhead in the shape of a fish head.

10lb cabazon is more-than-awesome..... that plus the fact they have such cute faces and beautiful sleek body lines. ha ha

Look forward to the show weekly and appreciate the heads up on special guests, contests, and hot topics.

JapanRon
[signature]
on the monte carlo yesterday, the barracuda bite was awesome!!!

we did real good on the barries in the morning well...till the seal came around.

in the afternoon, i was on the tank the whole day. we only moved once... our first stop we had a wide open barracuda bite going, but then a big ship was headed right for us. we got as many fish as we could until the ship would hit us. we moved and then we were in a wide open bonito bite! LIMITS!

oh yea...and we had two yellows mixed in with the bonito

joe
[signature]