Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fly Fishing Invention
Thanks for all the comments, I don't mind criticism and truthfully I've heard more criticism on this forum than anywhere else where I have heard mostly positive response.

So as to "Who comes up with this crap?" and why I would continue to develop this despite some negative comments from posters here, I wanted to share an email I received today from a fellow Marine who has been waiting for the Rexfly for a long time. He explains things better than I ever could.

Hey Rex,

I am doing pretty well, thank you for asking. I hope you are doing well also. I was excited to receive your email and that your venture is moving forward so well. In addition to the rexfly system you are sending me, I have signed up for a $50 sponsorship also to present to my nephew who was injured during his third tour in Iraq when an IED exploded and took out his humvee and left him with injuries. He is currently living with us and we are trying to help him get back on his feet. I have also been able to help him find a job and begin living a normal, productive life again. I guess it is my small way of helping give back to a wounded combat veteran. I go to a site for fly fishing and have requested permission to post the information about the RexFly system and am currently awaiting a response from the site owner. The site is http://www.warmfly.com/ if you care to see his sight. I sent him the link for the system posted at kickstarter and the rexfly sight so he could see what it is and check it out. here is the personal message I sent him:

I know a former Marine who is in the process of producing and selling a product to attach to the fly reel which allow the user to remove the reel and attach it to a chest plate worn by the fisherman to remove the weight of the reel from the rod, much like a tenkara rod. You can cast the rod with out the added weight of the reel and reconnect the reel if you get a fish on to fight it, or leave the reel attached to the chest plate to reel it in. It was initially designed for disabled veterans, but can be used by anyone to include those with shoulder problems, amputees as it is able to be used one handed , etc. Or it can be used just to remove the weight of the reel for longer days on the water.

I am telling you this because I would like to put a link to it on your site and would not nor will not without your blessing, it may also be something you might be interested in.

The link to the site is: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2114...ly-fishing

The link to his personal site is: http://therexfly.com/

He has several sponsorship packages available. Anything from a $1 donation to packages for products for higher amounts. He is also running a few sponsorship packages for trips. One for trout fishing in Utah and another down to Louisiana for different types of fishing. I personally have signed up for a $50 sponsorship and will receive a Rexfly system with free shipping for this sponsorship. The regular price will be $70 plus shipping. I did this for a couple reasons, he is a Marine Corps brother who served in combat in Iraq, my military service has left me with bad shoulders and I think this product will help me in not having to swing so much weight to cast and he is also giving several to project healings waters and wounded warrior to help other veterans discover the joy, relaxation and theraputic values of fly fishing.

Please let me know if I may post this, or if you like, you can post it on your site as you are probably much more computer savvy than I am. It may be of interest to many on the site as we are all aging, and any product which could help the members may be a product of interest. You know all of the members much better than I do.

There are also videos on you tube of this, which is where I first heard about it and stumbled onto this amazing device.

Thank you for reading this, possibly contemplating adding the link on your site and for giving me a place to go for ideas, adventures and cammaraderie with fellow fly fishermen.

Scott Pursley aka ScooterP

I also plan to get with a local fly fishing club and let them know the benefits of your product as well.

Thank you and Semper Fi

Scott Pursley
[signature]
It is NOT like Tenkara. Need to understand that. You will loose any credibility with false claims. Just my thought.
Your letter and the attached "blog" must have you feeling better after not going over here.

My intention was not to insult you. I do not see the reason behind your invention. Most fly fishers look to rid themselves of more un needed gadgets. It doesn't make you cast farther, nor more accurate. Plus the cost, not really needed.
This is my feedback. Couple with the breast and the crawling. Plus chest packs, slings.

Way to hang in there and again, good luck.
[signature]
Just for the record I've never felt insulted by your comments, I always appreciate your feedback and I have bigger man-boobs than most women.
[signature]