Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 1/31/13
Hit the Nelle today with some friends from work. We went to the Rock Cliff area. Its quite a walk from the boat ramp to the water due to the reservoir being so low. We made it out there around 830 am or so. Set up shop in 22 feet of water and as soon as I dropped my line in, boom theres the fish. I had a hell of a time hooking them though.

The average size of the fish were 10 to 11 inches. The biggest bow was 13 1/4.

The total haul today was 21 rainbows and 2 Browns. The browns were 15" and 16 1/2".

All in all it was a beautiful day and it was the fist time I have ice fished Jordanelle.

Ice was 8 1/2 inches according to my friends measuring tape and the edges were hard.

All fish were released unharmed.
[signature]
Nice report and pics, how long did you fish? No perch?
[signature]
We fished from about 9am to 3 pm. I don't Target the each this time. But I think ill try this weekend for some. There was one person out there we talked to that only caught 1 perch. They saw them on the camera but they weren't hungry.
[signature]
How long of a walk did it take to get over to the rock cliff area if you walked from the hailstone area? Did you have a fish finder? Were you picking up a lot of fish? How far does the water go back into the rock cliff area? does it go back pretty far or just a little ways...
[signature]
I would say the walk in was about a mile to the wate. This is from the boat ramp in the Rock Cliff area.

I had a fish finder and a fish flasher. My friend was using the fish finder and said there were fish on it most of the day. I saw a lot of fish on the flasher as well. The fish would swim by and action would get pretty good. Then there would be a 5 or 10 minute lull and nothing. Most of the fish that came up for a look took a swipe at the bait.
[signature]
Could a four wheeler make it down to the ice? Was there and quads out or tracks from previously? Thanks, a mile is farther then I want to hike Wink
[signature]
There was a guy on a snowmobile. As of 2 days ago it was safe for atvs. I would s. You're good. As always check the conditions though.
[signature]
I was there yesterday 2.1 and it was mm plenty thick. There was a couple quads and even a side by side
[signature]