Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice conditions in south east michigan
I went out today and got on the ice. stomped around a bit. could not break through so I went back to the house and grabed my hand auger went back out on the Ice and drilled me a hole. I drilled through about 3 inches.
[signature]
sweet ...lets do some trolling[Tongue]
[signature]
one day we got rain, the next day I had a quarter inch of ice on top the foot of water in my boat, and I was a bit bussy and I figured I would wait one more day before dealing with it. the next day, yesterday three inches of ice!!!![shocked] I cut the hole in it because I knew it was gong to freeze again last night... sure enough that hole froze althe way through, not before allowing the water traped in there to escape out of the hole and bubble up over top saving me from splitting a seam.

we got a couple days of above 40 I should be able to deal with it tomarow, if not I will have to break out the spud.... then tip the boat over on the trailer for the winter.

remember always put of till the day after tomarow that needs to be done yesterday...

I will do well in tennessee[laugh]
[signature]
a procrastinator is an optimist that knows better [Wink] .

lonehunter , 2003

i see the skis are in the boat , are you as far into your shantie as i am ? lol !
[signature]
lol I got my skies next to the ice..... that is as clost to being finished....

right now I am still collecting ideas,,,,, My shanty may end up being the same as it was last year, a bigfish five gallon bucket.....
[signature]
on skis ?"
[signature]