Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 2/2
Saturday morning we hit Yuba in hopes of catching a pike or two on the hard water. I've never caught one and my brother loves the things. We fished the north end in about 20-30' of water. I spent most of the time drilling holes for my two oldest and keeping them from stepping in those holes. They had a blast on their first ice fishing outing. My 6 year old did have a pike on for a few seconds and that made his day. I did get to focus on fishing for a bit and ended up icing my first ever pike. I was jigging a 1/8 oz green glow jighead with a 3" whit curlytail grub tipped with sucker meat. I had several bites and they were all very light. It was a great day and fun with my boys, dad, and brother. Good times.

[Image: 091B0806-9A07-4F22-AFC3-9F95404E4C5D-833...10e8fd.jpg]

[Image: 0119F3BA-AEB3-4DDC-A496-902B74553E09-833...934368.jpg]
[signature]
I'm going there this saturday and looking for my 1st pike as well. Did you go near the dam and how far away from the shore?How long did you stay?
[signature]
Thats a beautiful fish.
[signature]
[quote Marathonman]I'm going there this saturday and looking for my 1st pike as well. Did you go near the dam and how far away from the shore?How long did you stay?[/quote]

We were at the very north end of the lake, about 100 yards off shore. My boys lasted a couple hours.....but I only jigged for about an hour maybe.

Good luck!
[signature]
Nice pike, thanks for sharing your report and pics. Do you think any of those light bites could have been perch?
WH2
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Nice pike, thanks for sharing your report and pics. Do you think any of those light bites could have been perch?
WH2[/quote]

Could have been, all the bites felt about the same and the couple we hooked up on were pike. I tried some smaller ice flies for perch with no luck.
[signature]