Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
knots
what kind of knots do you guys use to tie your hooks on?

joe
[signature]

Hey there DH_tubinjoe,

I've been meaning to ask. I've seen two different things going on regarding rigging recently. It seems to me that a lot of decks rig most novices with a dropper rig almost no matter what the species. It's usually a standard dropper but sometimes a guy will do a reverse dropper.

Is it because it's fast or easier to untangle?

The second thing is the ever increasing use by the old hands and tuna hotrods of rubber core sinkers. Besides twisting the core like crazy, do you have a really fast way to make them stick without kinking the line like crazy?

JapanRon
[signature]
Depending on the type of fishing that I am doing I will use a different knot.

I like the palomar for dropshotting. It is the most effective for that type of fishing and hold the worm or little fishy in the swimming position.

Most other types of fishing I will use the cinch knot or the fishermans knot.

When it comes to useing spyderwire, I find it best to use the Trilene knot.
[signature]
about the dropper loops.... i do not know. i dont tie them. i use a spider hitch. i just think it is a better knot.

and the rubbercore sinkers...i hate them!!! i have seen so many people loose fish on those things it is rediculous! and the line always breaks right bye the sinker!

joe
[signature]
I use a Uni Knot most of the time on larger test line.
Yep it is the uni Knot for me every time for hooks. On small casting lures it's a standard loop knot for fish up to 50 lb. Past that I use a crimp.
[signature]