Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bad case of the mondays...
So a little background story- Yesterday my boyfriend (Utcatman) went fishing with the boys at Scofield-
They got back late and he was exhausted from fishing all day- Needless to say we didn't end up taking all the gear he used out of the car- Just locked it up and went straight to bed.

Bad idea-

Woke up this morning to this horrendous sight-
[inline CarBreakIn1.png]

Yup..
And you guessed it even this...
[inline Car.png]

They took my backpack which had our camera (FujiFilm XP50)
Which wouldn't you know it had ALL of our pictures for the ice fishing contest on it! Lucky us, we didn't take the time to load them onto the computer inbetween trips- lesson learned...

They took our Hummingbird ICE35, Joe's Coat, 2 pflueger trion micro ice combos + 2 other rods... The heater buddy..

They left our tent, auger and sled.. Thanks-

What suprised me was what the officer said when he arrived to make the police report- Apparently they have seen a MASSIVE spike in Auto-Burglary... Funny just the other day on the news the anchor was saying how low of a chance there is in the colder months- and that we shouldn't really worry about it until it starts warming up some. I guess crack heads still need to get high in the winter- who knew.

On top of this unfortunate event- this is not the 1st time our fishing equipment has been taken- Luckily the last occurence caused us to get renters insurance..

I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware- We would hate to see this happen to anyone else- Especially knowing we won't get our stuff back-

I hope this hasn't happened to anyone else- Just trying to help make everyone aware!

If anyone sees any of those items pop up in pawn shops or on KSL please let us know!
Please make sure your stuff is securely put away.. Gotta love Ogden.
[signature]
That sucks. I know how you feel. 2 years ago some lowlife piece of sh-t stole my brand new Eskimo Mako ice auger out of my shed in the backyard. Lucky for them they got away with it. I just checked KSL and didnt see anything. I saw an ad yesterday for an ICE 35 and portable heater but that looks like it was before yours got stolen.
[signature]
Man that SUCKS!!!!!!

I am going outside right now to get my skis out of the car. Hope yall get some big fish again soon.
[signature]
[left]Wow... That was bold of them. I would have been fully exercising my 2nd amendment rights.
[left]
[left]Gaaaahh People suck.
[left]
[left]Thank you so much for checking.. I know its wishful thinking- but I would love it if we could get our stuff back..
[left]
[left]We just recovered from getting all of our bass gear stolen in the summer.. It's official we will be moving somewhere with an attached garage!
[left]
[left]
[signature]
I found myself getting pissed while i was viewing your pictures and it didn't even happen to me! For most of us on here, we work so we can afford our fishing equipment and these low life's come along and take advantage of what we work so hard for. Nothing makes me more mad than a thief! I know you guys fish enough that I'm sure you have back up equipment or good friends that do, but if you need to borrow something for awhile I'm sure I can lend you something if needed. I'm sorry about the bad luck.
[signature]
wow scum bags, hope they get caught. There's nothing worse than a thief, and to take stuff that's really not going to get them very much money and is a very personal item. Sorry that there is rotten people that don't work for there share and good luck catching them.
[signature]
Luckily our renters insurance will allow us to replace the stuff we have receipts/serial numbers for.. Yeah we might as well sign our checks over to sportsmans because for the most part all of our money is going towards fishing.. so yeah we work to support our fishing addictions-
It makes me sick when people steal stuff- Either from me or anyone else- Especially when I personally have gone back to gas stations that have given me too much change or anywhere else for that matter. So much for good Karma!
[signature]
+1 on that! I think it just means that good karma is really building up to repay you! I'll keep my eyes open on ksl (or anyone on the lake) for anything that matches your description.

It just hit me...it's probably someone that knows you and utcatman were going to win the ice tournament hands down so they thought they would "level the playing field" to compete with Joe's supreme talent of fishing!
[signature]
I can 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the idea of getting Renter's Insurance. I've been an insurance broker going on 8 years and amazingly, 100% of the people I talk to think that their car insurance will cover the crap in their car. Ugh. Renters insurance is like 15 bucks a month or less and not only covers the crap in your car, but gives you all sorts of other coverage too.

I'd like to pound the slimebag's that took your gear and busted up your car, seriously. What a joke.
[signature]
Tell joe I have a tackle box full of jigging/casting gear I will never use at the house he can come get for you guts. I'm being serious too, I of fly fish., 2 tacke boxes laded I believe
[signature]
Thank you all for the kind words !! Yah its a bummer- luckily they didnt steal any of my tackle, just my rods, my flasher, heater and a brand new carhaart coat( thank god they didn't snag my brand new Baffin's) but i will have to pay for a new window on the car...

Also sucks all of our pics for the contest ( which i never took the 10 min to post because im an idiot) are gone as well we had some tank fish this season including a monster tiger close to 6 lbs i caught "somewhere" [cool] oh well i guess i will just have to focus on some slob crappies for a while
[signature]
As Angry as I am, I can't say that I'm not tickled pink about the whole "Picture Fiasco".

/hides
[signature]
ouch! I feel you pain, and fear your loss.
I've carried way too much gear for far too much time. You make me thankful for a garage!
Had my share of breakins. Twice encountered the culprit - one was a kid asleep in the drivers seat, the other we heard from the house, parked in Auntie's driveway - ran out, chased the guy down the street, till I realized running barefoot in boxers - probably not a good idea, guy likely to have at least a knife, if not more.
That Toyota pickup was a magnet!

Crooks suck. Sorry for your loss. And especially losing the pictures - hateful to lose what can't be replaced.
At least there's still more ice and time?!
Yep the low lifes of society are everywhere. [mad] Man so sorry for what this is causing you folks. We want to help you folks out so let us know. Will be in touch as we're headed out for our trip but for sure upon return will be in contact and will be more that willing to help you folks.
[signature]
This pisses me off, if they catch the dirt bags who did this, how much so you want to bet they've been in and out of our jails. I know we have laws and police to enforce them but deep down some vigilantly justice on these types sure would be nice to read about. Baseball bat to the knee caps would likely prevent future thievery.

I'd check the pawn shops around you. Thieves aren't the sharpest people and may pawn them close to where they stole them from. I'd also check around your neighborhood and see who has cameras mounted. They may have picked up the people coming or going. Closest convenience stores too. Cops don't have that kind of time and you'd be surprised what you can find on your own.
[signature]
Sorry about that man! Guess it's time I got my gear out of the jeep then huh...
[signature]
We are checking the pawn shops and all or the serial numbers are entered into the police database so if they pop up in a pawn shop I guess it will flag it as stolen.. Thats at least what I was told- Thankfully our renters insurance will replace most of it..
[signature]
sorry guys that sucks, i had some flyrods and reels stolen last summer at my old apartment where we were living by these group of tweakers, they dont give a $hit who are what they affect. But i belive in time they will get whats coming to them whether it be jail or anything else like that.
Sorry again guys i hope everything gets taken care of for you 2.
Ill keep my eyes on the lookout for those items on kSL and PShops
[signature]