Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan River on V-day
I hit the Logan today to celebrate being single. I only fished for a couple of hours until dark.

I tried to throw every fly in the book (scuds, midges, bead heads, wooly buggers) at them and was successful at only catching sticks.

I shortened my leader from 6 feet to 3 feet (shortest I have ever fished) and tied on a Renegade and the action was fierce. I caught 4 bows and a brown (all cookie cutters) in 5 minutes. Then I caught a tree, slipped, got wet, and played it safe & went home.

It is amazing what one fly and a change in leader length can do in such little time.

No photos - C& R - Steep banks with 3 feet of snow made me decide leave my smart phone in the car.
[signature]
[quote one8sevenn]I hit the Logan today to celebrate being single.[/quote]

this made me laff owt lowd
[signature]
Too late for you K-nut[laugh]
Probable the change of fly but I've caught thousands of fish on 3-4 ft length of leader while fishing smaller streams like we typically have in Utah. People should never be afraid to improvise for the conditions they're encountering.
[signature]
It was just a shot in the dark. I was fishing the bottom with the longer leader and when i has it was about in the middle of the water column.
[signature]
3 foot leader...Maybe the fly I think. All about the right choice and the right zone/presentation.
I have never fish shorter than 7 foot, but good on ya. But I so use ONE furled leadr to which I will attach 12" to 6' of tippet.
[signature]
I so wanted to hit The Logan or Blacksmith on V Day, it was such a gorgeous day. But alas, I'm not single so I celebrated it the old fashioned way. Glad to hear some fish are biting up there, I really hope to get out on the water soon.
[signature]