Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is considered "big game" ?
What is considered a "big game" fish ?<br><br>I figure the answer to this will vary widely on the areas you all fish but PLEASE add your 2 cents on this. It's kind-of a poll.<br><br>Does it go by the type of fish? Like fish species that can grow upwards of 100 lbs. ?<br><br>Are wahoo, mahi mahi, giant trevally (GT), amberjack, baracuda, kings and such "big game" ?<br><br>Or does it go by the actual size of the fish caught. If so, Is it over 20 lbs., over 30 lbs., over 40, etc. ?<br><br>Thanks, Capt. Jeff<br><br>
I’m kinda broke at the moment so I will only put in a half sense. Pound for pound I will have to say the rare "Deep Water Roche" in the blue gill family that gets up to 15 inches in length, and has 1 inch steaks. (for blue gill eaters if you haven’t caught one of these, you are missing out)<br><br>Only caught one that size caught many 11 and 12 inch. Each one put up a fight that I would compare it to any lunker bass I have ever seen. With its spinning action (swimming in circles) it feels like Coe-hoe on the end of my pole!!!<br><br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown