Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead 2-17-13 New SMB PB
I debated hard about going a second day after the dismal catches yesterday but figured what the heck last night. Nice weather and a 3 day weekend so I still have tomorrow to recover. I ran the TM so hard yesterday trolling with the electric that the batts were still not fully charged this morning but I figured I'd be ok and was.

Headed off to find something green or brown and did I! My new personal best on Lake Mead for a smallie. Just shy of 4 pounds. What a fight those things put up! So fun. I got her on a 1 3/8oz SK Bottom Dweller Spinnerbait to boot.

In the end we only caught 5 fish. 3 Stripers, 1 LMB and 1 SMB but who cares. That smallie made the trip! Go figure we caught more Stripers today and we were not even trying to catch Stripers. One of the Stripers was pretty nice (2-3 pounder) and that one Madi caught. That one put up one heck of a fight for her on her medium spinning rod/SK 3XD crank. The other two Striper dinks were caught on the same Spinnerbait that I caught the SMB on.

Didn't take too many pictures today. Just the important one!

[Image: LakeMead_02-17-13_005.jpg]

And the for "sure way" to make a fish look reallllly big. (Have someone small hold it [Wink] )

[Image: LakeMead_02-17-13_011.jpg]
[signature]
Nice job! How deep did you catch the smallie and what type of structure were you in?
[signature]
The water I was in was ~20 feet. Super long casts and semi slow rolling that heavy spinnerbait. It was running around 15 feet deep hitting the tops/branches of the vegatation. The area was down the edge of a secondary point. Hard bottom light/sparse vegatation.
[signature]
Nice man! That is a pretty fish.
[signature]
Thats a great fish right there. Nice. [fishin]
[signature]
Nice fish. Yes the smallmouth puts up a fight. Here in Washington we have several nice smallmouth lakes that put out some nice fish.
Hey, any of you Vegas guys give me some feed back on Inflatable boats and kayak sales in the area. I'm a dealer for several lines and own a house down there. Thinking about moving my business down and semi retire. Any ideas about what kind of demand there might be in the area for some high quality inflatables? Here last year I sold 79 of them. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks Ron
[signature]
fatty. dang, i'm jealous! I can't wait for spawn at Lake Mohave!!! [Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]