Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish finders?
I'm relatively new to fishing, techniques and equipment. I would like to buy a fish finder for my husband on his birthday and it is confusing as to what make or model to buy. We fish in a variety of lakes in our area if that makes a difference to the kind of purchase I make. I will appreciate some advice from you experts. Thank you.<br><br>
It sort of depends on what you are going to use it for and how much you wan't to spend.<br>Fish finders can be had for a few hundred dollars to a few thousand, again based on the aplication, depth and "attachments" added on to the fish finder.<br>Quiz the DH on what he needs and then look around, there are a lot of sources on the net for fish finders.<br>I own a couple of Humminbirds (brand name) one is portable and will read to 120 feet and the other reads to 1000' and is afixed to the boat.<br> Time to do the homework on this one as there a lot of choices out there.<br><br><br>good luck<br>Jan<br><br>
My husband gets to go fishing a couple of times a week during the summer months, and the prices I've seen are running between $80.00 and $300.00. IT's the different features that confuse a person who hasn't used one yet. I don't want to spend my hard earned money on one to find out it doesn't work well. You see, a couple of years ago, I would have laughed at the idea of using a fish finder. Now, probably due to my lack of "knowledge", I'd like to at least fish, where the fish are. Thank you for your help.<br><br>
I agree Thor I have a portable one that can be used year around from boat to canoe to the ice. I use it mostly to detect depth. <br><br>Caution fish are on the move so by the time that the signal bounces off the bottom of the lake and back to your transducer the fish may already be gone.<br><br>Click on to the SUPERSTORE at the top of this page there is a good variety to look at with descriptions as to their functions.<br><br>right or wrong if you walk your hubby past the finder location and he starts drewling over one that is probably to one to get.<br><br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
For ice fishing, i would recomend the Fl 8 slt, For the boat, a Garmin 240 works great and is easy to run !! <br><br>
Did you find a sonar that your husband could use?<br><br>