Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I throw in a mouse?
I have been dying to throw in a mouse pattern for large trout and maybe a bass (I prefer trout) do you guys know anywhere where I can throw one in and get decent results?
[signature]
Strawberry Reservoir/ but wait until the ice is gone[Wink].
[signature]
Weber,Provo,Green etc. any river with Browns in it. fish a night with a bright moon and bang the banks. That means hit the shore and plop it in to the water.
[signature]
Never had any luck with a mouse. Let me know some results.
[signature]
Like mentioned already. Strawberry is awesome and you can be in 18 feet of water. However as HFT mentioned. Low light. Early morning or night time will be your best bet.
[signature]
I caught a brookie not much bigger than the mouse I was throwing on Silver Lake. So in answer to your question... Almost anywhere.
[signature]
[quote HFT]Weber,Provo,Green etc. any river with Browns in it. fish a night with a bright moon and bang the banks. That means hit the shore and plop it in to the water.[/quote]

exactly what i was going to add
[signature]
You can throw a mouse into the Provo?
[signature]
Absolutely! Don't forget Uinta's.
[signature]
You can throw a mouse anywhere, but I would suggest the Weber, Weber or the Weber on a full moon night!
[signature]
As mentioned before, its not always the big fish that hit a mouse pattern. I've caught more 14" fish on a mouse than I have real bruisers.

I like casting a mouse on the Provo at night - for about 30 minutes. It gets tiring throwing that big wet mouse over and over (I can't wear the Rexfly at night because of my night vision goggles - whole different subject). Plus an xcaddis or stimulator catches many more fish at night including the big ones.
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]You can throw a mouse anywhere, but I would suggest the Weber, Weber or the Weber on a full moon night![/quote]

just to add to this, you might want to try the weber
[signature]
I think where there are Bass, Pike/Muskie....time of day seems to be the main factor.
I did hook LM out of the Jordan on a mouse pattern but it was around 8 a.m. last fall.
[signature]