Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found puppy at CABELAS
I know this is going to get moved (or deleted) but I figured it may get a few views before then. My wife was up at Cabela's meeting another volunteer from ABR (American Brittany Rescue) and apparently there was a young yellow lab pup wandering the parking lot. He has no collar, and she took him inside and they could not find the owner. Cabela's would not keep him in their kennel area, so anyways if you are the owner of this pup let me know, we are trying to find his owner. He is so well behaved, little fetching machine.
[signature]
Take him to a vet or county animal services and see if he's microchipped.
[signature]
We are planning on it tomorrow. He is pretty young, so I doubt it. But we microchipped both of our dogs very shortly after getting them.
[signature]
BUMP

Found out today the little guy is not chipped. Hopefully someone sees this if they own him. My wife, being the dog rescue volunteer she is, will be starting to look for a good home for him tomorrow if no one steps up. We have an ad on KSL as well as this post here, and our facebooks. Any other suggestions? I would love to see him reunited with his owner, but none the less I know he will get a good home if not.
[signature]
We are going to move this to the Off Topic board but I guess we can wait one more day. You know it is possible that someone dropped the pup off there because they could not care for it and did not want to take him to the pound[:/]. Hope he finds a good home.
[signature]
Thank you very much for letting it stay here. I know it will get a lot more views this way. We can just delete it tomorrow, because I know we can find him a good home. I just was hoping the owner may have been a member or a friend of one. I wanted the owner to have as good of a chance to get him back before he is given to someone else.
[signature]
sprig kennels will take him call jeff at 801 791 5947 hes a lab expert and will take care of him
[signature]
Friendly bump.

Thanks for looking after this dog.
[signature]
If you do not find the owner My family will take him. My currant lab needs a companion.
[signature]
Are you sure you want a second dog? Then you end up with 2 lonely looking dogs looking at you every day you leave to work[laugh]. I would have offered to take it but I already have 2.
[signature]
I will update you with the info if we put him up for "adoption". My wife has a couple possible prosects already, and she is pretty picky on who she surrenders dogs to. Rescuing dogs is her passion, and we have decided to ket him stay though the weekend before we give him to a new home. I would love to keep him (he is awesome) but we have two dogs and a cat in a small home already. Thanks for the offer, and I will keep you informed if the owner does not step up soon.
By the way.. where are you located?
[signature]