Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
success on utah lake?
I am looking to take an autistic boy out ice fishing on Utah lake (he does not travel well, so this is our option). Anyone have success recently close to Lindon or American Fork marinas?
[signature]
Never fished through the ice there, but have heard they are doing great on cast masters and rat finkies
[signature]
Things get a little tougher this time of year at UL. The fish move around quite a bit. If you find them fishing can still be pretty good but they may or may not be where you are. Sometimes the docks will hold some fish but usually they have been hit hard. I would access where ever is easiest for the boy walk out and drill a few holes, fish the holes for a few minutes and keep moving. You should find some willing fish but it might mean a lot of drilling and searching.
[signature]
ya i havnt heard much recently there, since the whole lake is frozen the harbors arent as big of a draw for cover and the fish can be all over that pond, ofcourse you can get lucky and find a school of gills or WB and have good day but this time of year it can be tough. if you go good luck. I would try AFBH but thats just me.
[signature]
I have been having some success at UL, but the bite has been very light and I have had to move around a great deal. Also, the edges might be dicey this weekend with the expected heatwave. If you go, use small baits tipped with waxworms and watch for very subtle bites.
[signature]
I've been to Provo several times this season. But unfortunately, it's been 10 days since my last visit. The docks get hit really hard, but they seem to still hold fish.

I have done the best on a incy wincy tear-drop tipped with a meal worm. The bite is light and you have to pay attention to get any.

The white bass are very gant and thin. The gills are doing great, healthy and plump.

Best of luck to you guys!
[signature]
You may think twice about Lindon. Access is horrible as they have the road smashed up and under construction. If you're coming from SLC, you have to go all the way around and attack it from the other side. It sounds like not a big deal, but it's a pain in the butt -- adds another 15 minutes or so each way.

Secondly, here's what the ice looked like 6 days ago:

[Image: IMG-20130221-00112_zpsb2b648b5.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20130221-00114_zpsfd7f8908.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20130221-00113_zpsdaac9687.jpg]

And this was all I caught all day:

[Image: IMG-20130218-00110_zps0b5c4e86.jpg]
[signature]
Went to Linden Sat. 3/2. Did well with crappie (19) and good sized bluegill (14) and some white bass. It is a little longer drive but I haven't done as well in Provo. Needed my flasher to find fish. Ice still 12" to 14". No pics yet.
[signature]
Inside the bay I assume? I can't believe the ice in there is still a foot thick -- that's crazy. Safe to say you weren't hitting the docks then?
[signature]
Actually I was fishing at the docks. However, some spots I caught nothing, and some spots they hit real good. It was only about 5' deep so all I could use my flasher for was to see if fish were present.
[signature]