Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wahoo Snapper Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Pierre Charky and retired buddies from Canada decided to do some deep sea sport fishingFort Lauderdaleaboard the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team. As we left thedock on our fifteen minute journey to the fishing grounds, the six retireeswere sharing their fishing stories. 1.8miles from shore is our drop off, which is located at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale. A quarter of a mile further off shore wouldput you in 500 ft. of water due to the extreme drop off. Pierre’splan was to take their catch home for grilling tonight to feed 15 people.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We started off trolling with two plainers down, one with adouble hook Mullet strip with a black and purple sea witch in front, the otherwith a double hook Mullet strip with a pink and blue sea witch in front. For surface baits we had four Ballyhoos andone jap feather with a Bonito strip. Aswe were fishing across the reefs off of Fort Lauderdale from 80 out to 100 ft. of water, we caughtBonitos and Kingfish. A few Wahoos werebeing caught in the last few days so I changed the bait on one of the plainerrods and put a 3 ½ blue reflector spoon and increased the speed of the boatlooking for a Wahoo. I headed to one ofthe artificial wrecks that sit in 250 feet of water north of Fort Lauderdale. On our third pass, the plainer rod with theblue reflector spoon bent over, rod tip bouncing up and down and the lineexiting the reel at a fast rate – a good indication that it could be a Wahoo. Ten minutes later at the side of the boat wasthe blue and silver striped Wahoo, the fastest fish in the ocean clocked at 64mph. Jackson, our mate, put the 15 lbWahoo in the fish box. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]From there I stopped on top of the same wreck and put a liveGoggle Eye down on the bottom looking for a Grouper to add to our eating fishcatch. As the rod bent over, Pierre jumped into thefighting chair. A tug of water beganbetween the fish on the end of the line and Pierre. Pierrethought he was hooked on the bottom but I knew it was a fish since I had movedoff the wreck. As he brought the fish tothe boat, I could see the red reflection in the water and knew we had a GenuineRed Snapper. Jackson gaffed the rosy red 18 lb. Snapperand put him in the boat, while Smiles were on all the angler’s faces.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It was time to head back to the dock at BahiaMar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]For a successful and adventurous deep seafishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito,Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contactCaptain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at [/size][/font][url "mailto:tzsak@bellshouth.net"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]tzsak@bellshouth.net[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] Website: [/font][/size][url "http://www.topshotfishing.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]www.topshotfishing.com[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]. [/font][/size]
[signature]