Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gorge with Fishley
Couple friends and myself hooked up with Flaming Gorge guide Ashley Bonser yesterday evening for some burbot fishing. We got to Green River almost an hour early so we called Ashley and he headed out right then to meet us by Holmes Crossing. He set us up to work over the Mac. pups until dark and we hammered them. The guy busted his butt to ensure we had a good time doing things like setting up a windbreak while we were fishing for the pups, getting the shack set up & the heater going in it for when it got dark & cooled off. We pretty well hammered the burbot too, which Ash filleted for us. I gotta put in a plug for Ashley as a guide. He is a very personable cuss and he really works to ensure his clients have a good time. If ya wanna have a great fishing experience on Flaming Gorge, you can't go wrong with this guy.
[signature]
I second this!
[signature]
How was the ice at Holmes? Where from the ramp did you fish for pups? We fished buck board today and are looking for a different spot tomorrow. Any help you can give me would be great. Need to know about the ice conditions so we can chase some bigger macs around Holmes and go for pups if things are slow
I third this, Ashley's the man and knows what he's doing. Want a good experience and learn a lot about fishing the gorge? Give Ash a call you won't be sorry.
[signature]
I will fourth that also. Ash is a cool dude.
glad you guys had a good time.
[signature]
Does he have a web site or a phone number.
[signature]
His website is flaminggorgefishin.com
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip Tom..Glad you got into some. I will have to give the burbot a try one day.
[signature]
You won't go wrong with Ash!!! Hey Geezer, how did you guys do on burbot that night?
[signature]